Thursday, June 21, 2012

Redneck Roomservice!

 Here on the left you see the work of the artist, Abigail, documenting how cute Grant looks with his pacifier, as well as capturing her Mom trying to escape from the picture, her Uncle Chad's right pec, and the overall mess that we lived in through the week in very tight quarters.  Excellent, Abby, Excellent!  Now if Aunt Megan could only nail the disappearance of that binky with no bloodshed....
We did some grilling, and this is the last meal of it.  The boys put the food and supplies on one of the luggage carts and delivered it to the room.  Scott had Abby announce 'redneck room service!' I'd attribute this to all of the Duck Dynasty episodes we watched that week, but I'm not sure we can blame it all on that.  We tried to get a picture of the cooks and their assistants, Landon started bawling when Chad told him if he didn't get in the picture he'd never see his light saber again.....

 ...and when I told him that wasn't true....Daddy was just teasing, he brightened up a little but then Grant disappeared and Sophia hopped into the picture and wanted to be held.  She is NOT actually touching Scott here, but that's a pretty funny pic.
 Friday was the first day we'd had that was rainy.  It wasn't rainy ALL day but it was pretty gray and icky.  We took the kids down to the beach one more time...last chance to collect shells which they loved!




 Umm...yes, it was a LITTLE windy, which explains the Tina Turner hair do...and after seeing this picture I was really wishing I wouldn't have postponed my highlight appointment until after we came back.  YIKES!








 Landon saying goodbye to the Gulf....

 Uncle Stallion racing the kids to the condo door...
 Saturday we got up and loaded up to a full out flood!   By the time Chad got all the stuff loaded in the Yukon he looked like he had had another shower, and I didn't look too much better by the time I got Grant buckled in his seat.  We heard on the radio later that day that Mobile got 16 inches of rain in one day. Uh yeah, I think that qualifies as a 'flood.'  We weren't sure we were going to get out of Alabama without being rear ended  after we saw a TON of accidents in the rain.  Ugh.  We left around 9 and drove. all. the. live. long. day. and. night...stopping only to pick up lunch and eat it in the car, and pick up dinner and eat it in the car.  (our 2nd trip to Chick-Fil-A by the way)  Both of the boys took at nap from about 11-2, and other than that they were AWAKE the entire drive...and we got home between midnight and one.  They slept until almost 10 on Sunday morning though thank goodness, because that meant Chad and I got to sleep that late too.  Score!  First on the to do list, a long bath for these two....time to wash the vacation off!  


No comments: