Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Let's Try the Beach Again...

To quote Chad:  "if you just wanted to go to the pool we could've skipped the 14 hour drive"...and so we took the kids down to the beach again on Tuesday a.m. even though they (at least our 2) would have rather gone to the pool again. Scott got up early (like he did everyday we were there!) and went down to set up our shade shack and umbrellas early so we were in a prime locale.  ;) So prime that some heavy machinery interrupted the waves for a brief time.  Okay, time for more pics from the beach that I can't leave out!  :)







Abby really needed to ahem, relieve herself, but was having trouble.
Uncle Chad tried to help by taking her out further in the water.  



The studs on the beach, and they're all mine!  :)


Relaxing back at the condo....Landon and Abby's pose reminds me of Titanic here.  



The view from our room
 Later that night we decided to go back down to the beach and told the kids they could take sacks to pick up shells.  Ummm....these two were a little excited.  This picture makes me laugh AND makes me nervous all at the same time.  What in blue blazes is goin' on here?!


This one makes my heart happy....will remember this view for a very long time



clouds rolling in!


Sandy Piggies!



Uncle Stallion entertaining as usual....yes, he's JUMPING over the children


 This is our self portrait on the beach.  I mean it WAS taken June 5....our 8 year anniversary.  You have to have one of those every year.  Earlier that morning Chad was reading the paper out on the patio of our condo and told me 'congratulations' as I came out.  I said, 'huh?' and he said, 'most marriages that end in divorce end during the 7th year.  Not ours.'  I said, 'well, you probably shouldn't congratulate us yet, I mean this is the start of our 7th year.'  He looks at me, studying my expression, which I'm totally confused by, then he says very coolly, 'um.  no....no.  2012 minus 2004....that's EIGHT years.'  OMGOSH.  Apparently I can't do math....but I just said played it off as 'time flies when you're havin' fun' of course.  :)  And then we had a good laugh.  And having a good laugh is one of the things we do the best.  Just one of them.  There's a long list.  Can't think of anything that would make him more perfect for me and me more perfect for him....or a more perfect way to spend our 8th anniversary.



1 comment: