Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Gulf Shores Get Ready! The Mehrings and Kutschers Have Arrived!

Where's our room?
 Unloading the car didn't seem like it took near as long as loading it, but maybe that was because I had very little to do with the unloading process.  We took the kids up, scoped out the room, and got them changed into their beach gear. They were all dying to go greet the 'Golf.'

Grant petting Fia on the deck;)
Who's ready for the beach?!  
 I'm sure some of you have noticed that there hasn't been many videos as of late on the blog.  I'm super frustrated with my little Flip Vid camera that's supposed to hold an hour of footage but decides it's full after eh about 15 minutes of stuff.  So I foolishly took the camera along not remembering it had Landon's 15 minute preschool play on it and seriously got to record 12 seconds of the kids on the beach.  If it only the budget weren't so tight I'd just go buy a camcorder.  Unfortunately, not in the works at the moment.  Where IS that darn money tree?!

You may be without video here but you're definitely not going to feel shorted on pictures.  Sorry if I bore you, but I HAVE to include all of these...and there are a lot.  Be forewarned.
Grant's first few steps in the sand


Look out Gulf Shores!  Here come the Mehrings and the Kutschers!

Windy Day on beach = sand in the face.
Lesson Learned.

Landon investigating the sand.  He was too young to remember our first trip to the Gulf.

Hello water!

I didn't ride all this way just to LOOK at the water.
Let's go!


Sophia's not sure what to think of the water.

Mehring Girls!




It's okay Mom, but DON'T let go.




 

Landon decides maybe it was worth sitting the car for this!

...and then Scott and I left for the most miserable Wal-Mart shopping trip in history.  If I wouldn't have had any rum in me there may have been casualties.  And that's all I'm gonna say about the shopping trip in hopes that the memories fade.  ;)

No comments: