Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Father's Day I

Father's Day 2012 started here like any other morning...with a kid in our bed....watching TV.  :)  All the boys all had breakfast at the counter and then Grant got a free pass to stay home from church with Dad while I taught the 4-5 room and Landon had his first time in....KID ZONE!  Landon was super pumped to get to go to kindergarten Sunday School.  When I picked him up he wasn't as pumped because apparently he 'didn't get to play' and had to 'sit in (his) chair for like FOUR hours.'  Most of the other kids that were there when I picked him up were playing, but he said Miss Mitzi told the class to all sit and wait for their parents out in the kid worship area, so that's just what he did....while most of them got up and played.  No secret we have a rule follower here.  I also learned from Tressa that if you get there at 9:00 you can play BEFORE Sunday School, so the following week we made sure we were there early....and problem solved.  :)  Here he is with his first big kid Sunday School paper.

Next on the agenda, lunch and some sports bloopers on the computer....nap time, then Grandpa and Grandma's house!



One of Grant's favorite things about Grandpa and Grandma's house...Grandpa shares his desserts.

Grant had a little wet through accident so he went short-less for awhile.  So Caleb wanted his off, too.  They refused to pose together for pictures so we had to snap action shots.
Ahh....I remember when these two went in their diapers and dug in the rocks....now they've moved on to heavy artillery apparently.
Present time!

Then the daunting task of traditional holiday picture....we didn't fare so well this time.  Although, these pictures are pretty accurate.



When we finally said, fine! and gave up on the two little ones cooperating...


We told Landon and Abby to give Grandpa kisses then Aunt Kelly and I would....Grandpa was feelin' the love!
A little back story on part of the reason Grant was uncooperative for the group picture.  Right before, he had whacked Uncle 'Cotty' in the face with the light saber and Grandma had said, 'no!'  I know, right?!  Can you believe it?!  Grandma said no!  Grant was pretty shaken up...he's to the age now that he's starting to feel embarrassed and get his feelings hurt, which is a good thing, but he really took Grandma telling him no personally....as you can tell from this picture.  He wasn't ready to make up yet.
The cutest cheeks at the party were tired!

Daddy and his boys...

...and Aunt Connie with a lap full!

No comments: