Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tooth Fairy! You're Up!!

Big moment to squeeze in between all the birthday/holiday/wedding hoop-la!  Landon lost his first tooth on December 18th!  That morning we knew it was a busy day ahead.  Landon was to be the littlest Christmas tree in his class Christmas play and I didn't have to pack my lunch because whoopee!  it was staff holiday luncheon day!  So in the middle of the staff luncheon, where everyone except lunch supervisors and office staff was eating lunch all together, my principal comes across the intercom and asks me to come to the office.  Hmmm.  Okay????? 

I get there, and there's my boy, tooth in one hand, Rice Krispy treat in the other, deer in the head lights look on his face.  He said, "It was the first bite of my lunch, and I was chewing, and I was like oh, it's a Rice Krispy seed, and then I was like, wait a minute.  And then I took it out of my mouth and I said, Cheese and Crackers!  its my TOOTH!"  I could end the blog post right there, right?  Hilarious.  The secretary and principal (who already are in love with him) could hardly contain themselves.  Ugh.  My heart.  He melts me.

So I suggest taking a picture of his smile and sending it to Daddy and he wants to wait to show him after school.  Landon greeted him at the door and couldn't wait to tell him the news.  Here he is showing the precious envelope to Daddy.  
We have to have pictures of this smile now!  I honestly didn't think that tooth was ready to come out!  I mean, it was wiggly, but it wasn't just hanging there.  Rice Krispy treats.  Who knew?





Grant had to get in on the picture action with his Christmas gift he made us at school that we HAD to open RIGHT NOW!

Handsome boy!!  And another one in the background unloading the dishwasher.  Boy does HE know the way to my heart.

Later that night Grandpa and Grandma came by.  They brought two treats with them, TV mix and Uncle Rob.  :)  Landon had to tell Uncle Rob about what he had learned about the Egyptians the previous night courtesy of his library book and his history teacher father.  Mummification involves pulling brains out through nostrils apparently.  Ew.  And impressive to little boys also.
Okay....time for bed.  Let's put that Tooth Fairy Pillow to use!  (Mommy's wiping her brow that she finished that thing over Thanksgiving break).  The next morning, Landon had a five dollar bill, a receipt from the fairy herself and two Star Wars action figures.





No comments: