Well, my baby is FOUR. Sigh. I'm finding Grant's birthdays are harder on me than Landon's. That probably won't always be the case...but I've found my BABY being four is much harder to swallow than my big boy being seven. Four means I won't be able to carry him around at all much longer, (tear) that he won't want me to kiss his boo boos before long (tear, tear), and snuggling will soon be out of the question, unless he's sick (sniff, sniff, tear). I don't know if I can take this, people!!
Grant is such a fun boy. I remember before he was born, feeling sorry for him. I know that sounds weird, and maybe I've written this before, but it was so hard for me to imagine having a child that had as much personality as Landon. I thought, "this poor baby...no matter if it's a boy or a girl, it'll have to live in the shadow of its brother." And then, Grant Jeffrey was born, and the moment he entered the world, he let us, and everyone else on the same floor of Memorial Medical Center, know that he would NOT be living in ANYONE'S shadow....regardless of how much personality they had. That boy CRIED, and CRIED, and CRIED...He cried loud enough that our parents heard him before they ever met him. He cried long enough that I started to wonder if we should ask for the doctor to put him back, and then to the point where all we could do was just hold him and listen to his sweet cry, and be thankful. (I mean, obviously, the boy had healthy lungs) and try to reason with him that he was just wearin' himself out. :) He finally decided to give it up and give his new little voice a rest...and was most definitely one of the two prettiest babies I'd ever seen. :)
Seems like not that long ago, but then you look at him now...
After getting him dressed we left him with Tressa for the day, who spoiled the birthday boy with lunch from DQ with Grandma Jeanie and the Krippel boys who had orthodontist appointments. :)
However, dinner was quite entertaining....
Grant had a plain hamburger happy meal as requested...
but took to hiding behind his hamburger for photo opps.
When we were asking about his day he denied having lunch at Dairy Queen..so I had to bust out the pics on my phone, showing him with his box of chicken nuggets with the DQ on the box. His response, "Ha! I tricked you!" Hmmm....understanding between 'tricking' and 'lying' may be shaky. Either that...or he's just a STINKER.
After that he took to rubbing his head on Chad's jacket so his hair would stand up from the static.
After the static entertainment, a few high school girls that Chad knew came in and sat close to us. Grant kept trying to hide from the girls, already embarrassed of the fam, I guess.
This is the first year I've asked Grant the birthday interview questions....I'm throwing my own two cents in on this too. :) My additions I'm noting in ( ) :)
Favorite color: blue and green and orange and green (ha! so I'd say green...)
Favorite fruit: jello (hmmm...interesting answer here. A) obviously jello isn't a fruit and B) the kid doesn't even EAT jello!! Answering truthfully, favorite fruits include: blackberries, strawberries, grapes, and clementines)
Favorite movie: Wreck It Ralph (now THIS I can attest to....also Monster's University and Despicable Me)
Favorite TV show: soccer and Wipeout (also true)
Favorite thing to wear: Chester United with Wayne Rooney (translation: MANchester United Wayne Rooney jersey)
Favorite game: Infinity and Mario Baseball (sigh...I wish both of these weren't Wii games. Makes me feel like a bad parent. He's FOUR. Could he not choose "Ladders and Chutes" he does love that game...and Uno....although we're a little shaky on the rules there still)
Favorite snack: strawberries (okay...he does love those. He also loves cookies of all sorts, Goldfish, yogurt raisins, popcorn, and ice cream with chocolate syrup)
Favorite animal: monkeys (fitting)
Favorite book: Thomas (he's just saying that because he looked at the Thomas the Tank Engine book on telling time before bed last night. When it's time and the question is asked, what should we read tonight? The answer is ALWAYS Clifford....and normally Clifford's First Day of School or Clifford the Small Red Puppy)
Favorite drink: juice and water and milk (verified. he does enjoy FLAVORED milk though and will only on occasion drink white milk. His flavor of choice is usually strawberry, but he also enjoys vanilla.)
Favorite holiday: Christmas (he doesn't even know there are other choices right now :)
Favorite thing to eat for breakfast: waffles and pancakes and poptarts (I'll give you the pancakes, but I'd substitute muffins and mini muffins for the other options. So basically, he eats JUNK for breakfast. Sigh)
| Not sure what's up with the tongue here...he was licking the gifts. Ugh. All I can say is, no nap. |
What's your favorite thing to do with daddy: play soccer (pronounced shocker btw)
What's your favorite thing to do with Landon: football (hmmm....they have been scolded multiple times during Christmas break for playing football in the house, but that's kind of new. I'd say a more accurate answer to this question is "whatever Landon's doing." Grant is the traditional shadow of a little brother...wanting to do whatever big brother is doing, even and really ESPECIALLY if big brother doesn't want his company.)
What's your favorite thing to do with mommy: watch Monster's University (which we did last night, snuggled up on the couch while I played with the two cowlicks in the back of his hair <3 p="">
Who's your best friend: Cash, Cashton Pate (and I love that he ALWAYS refers to Cash by his full name...hahahahaha!), Corwin and Creighton and Keagan and Wade and Kal. (I concur on all accounts)
What's the best thing about preschool: I like reading books and going back to the classroom and clean up and having a snack and going. (I'd say that's pretty much all of it, really)
We are so blessed to be your daddy and mommy, Grant Jeffrey. Happy 4th birthday. <3 p="">
3>3>
No comments:
Post a Comment