Saturday, December 31, 2011

NYE 2011

NYE 2011, geesh, can I remember that?? It's been a few weeks ago. We had talked about going 'out' for New Years this year and considered going to a Bret Michaels concert here in Springfield, but then we decided for what we were going to have to spend it wouldn't be worth it, so we stayed in again. Really I just think we're to the stage of staying in for New Years' and I'm fine with it. We have fun every year. It's not like we go to bed at 8 and wake up the next day to a New Year. And really our kids are exceptionally well behaved into the late hours of the evening. You wouldn't even know it's 1 a.m. cause they're still goin like champs.



We had the Coppernolls and the Mehrings over for horseshoes. Captain Adorable here 'helped' me with the dinner prep. And by helped I mean, he took all the spices out of the cabinet and built a spice tower. And then when he was kicked off the counter, he got a package of sheets out of the laundry room to use as a step stool to drag random ingredients out of the pantry. What? That's NOT helping? huh. Who knew.

Ringin in the New Year with the Cousins

Dinner time....Blake was not at all approving of being secluded to the high chair, but was much happier when he was allowed in the sleeping bag area.














This is one of my favorite pictures of all time....for real. Abigail finally let me paint her nails on New Years....I love the look on that precious little face. She was pretty proud of her pink nails, too. She went to show Daddy and Uncle Chad when they were finished. Daddy was less than impressed and said something about 'hookers' which I chose to ignore, SCOTT MEHRING. <3

Of course, Chad thought it was great....she's his NIECE. Not his problem.

Landon carried his Little Tikes camera around the whole night but was having trouble with it working, so I let him take a this picture of us girls. Not bad, not bad. Could work on the centering, but let's be honest, it couldn't be a bad picture, look at the subjects! ha!


Jammy time on the couch while watching Ryan Seacrest, and us in awe over LMFAO, their wardrobes and dance moves. All of us adults decided we for sure could be part of the group, especially if we were allowed to drink before performances....and of course if someone responsible would supervise our children. There's crazy eyed Land-o again....and Grant starting to wind down.

















So it's the final countdown to the New Year and my my first kiss is nowhere to be found....where could he be? Those of you who know him well could guess. He was tied up in the BATHROOM of course and totally missed the ball dropping. Good thing Abby was there to give me my first kiss. Geesh Chad. He was trying to redeem himself here.....How could I be mad at that face? ;) Can't think of anyone else I'd rather close a year off and start a new one with. The first and most important Kutscher I'll ever 'keep up with.'

No comments: