Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Fam Party 2011

We decided to go with one party for the boys because December is just INSANE for everyone anyway. We had the fam over (plus the Coppernolls which are practically fam) the day after Grant's birthday.

We had lasagna and Uncle Stallion saved me by providing 'Uncle Stallion's Secret Sauce' which was the most delicious alfredo sauce that I have ever tasted.

Here's a short of the kid table....don't worry Blake, you'll make that table next year. For now let's stick with macaroni and cheese with mom.

Grant refuses to wear a bib these days. He thinks he's too big I guess. So he and Caleb both went shirtless while eating. And then we caught them climbing the stairs together in just their jeans. Adorable. This picture may show up later in a graduation slideshow.

And here's another one bound for graduation slide show. The other Cox/Kutscher boy match up, Landon and Liam.





And this is where we remember that they ARE five year old boys.

Landon and Charli. Too cute. We'd love to continue the slideshow theme and say this one could be in a big slide show of 'some kind' later but we don't want to jinx it. ;) And we can't leave out Miss Sophia, reading some Elmo with Papa. I can't believe I don't have a picture of Colton at the party! :(


Here are the boys at cake time. I'm so upset with myself because I didn't take a picture of just the cake. Aunt Lou made us a "Moo, Baa, La La La" cake for Grant and it was adorable. You'll have to sneak some peeks at it through these other pics. BUM-MER.






I think Grant's watching to make sure no one jumps out from his left to steal his cake!


And yet another photography FAIL....no pictures of grandparents with the birthday boys. I need to start making a photograph check list like I do part prep list. I'm losing my mind people. It's not a comforting feeling. So here's the pic I DO have of the grandparents + Aunt C
onnie.




























Cake eating caption:
"Dear Aunt Lou, Thank you for the adorable cake. It's cute AND delicious. Love, Grant"
































Let's open some presents!!
Pop the Pig (super excited to get that! Nice work, Aunt Kelly and Uncle Stallion), new Adidas pants (that we tried on right then and there), Cardinal World Series Champ shirt!













And while Landon's opening presents, Grant has his second piece of cake, off Christie's plate!















Love this pic of Charli and Landon. Both of them talking out the sides of their mouths. Kristi and I don't know where this has come from. If Landon started it and taught Charli or if this is something that every 4-5 year old learns how to do???? Don't know. It's cute though. :)
3-D book a big hit with all the kids! We shared the glasses so ev

eryone had a peek. Thanks, Caleb and Colton!








Oh, Uncle Scotty and Kellse! A gun that shoots a million discs all over the house? BIG HIT!! Landon LOVES it!!! :) (and mental note has been taken just so ya know. This may come back to haunt you. And we'll have SO much fun doing it!)


Chad's just relieved
that he can hold this Coppernoll kids BEFORE
the age of 4. ;) Charli's just now getting over her absolute terror of Chad.




































Grant's turn!! First gift...a joint one from Grandpa and Grandma....DVD
player for the Yukon!! (and now we'll return theirs we've had borrowed since July! :) Thank you, Grandpa and Grandma!!


Uncle Scotty and Kellse play the ever popular Pop the Pig with the kids.

(side note...come to find out there was a wildfire strep throat germ going around at this party....12 people a week later and Uncle Scotty and Kellse didn't get it! Don't know how after playing
on the floor with all the germ factories!)



















A couple of Grant's favorites....a basketball hoop that adjusts and goes over the door
from the Coppernolls, a talking soccer ball from Aunt Judy, and Blake breaks in a magnetic fishing pole from Uncle Sta
llion and Aunt Kelly.


The only thing better than a Cardinal World Series Champ t-shirt is MATCHING Cardinal World Series Champ t-shirts!





Another appearance from the pig. (which later Landon asked, "why he doesn't work like he does on tv' of. Our first advertising disappointment)
Cute little Emerson Elephant who plays music when a magnetic
soccer ball hooks to his trunk! And some great blocks from Uncle Scotty and Kellse.








Uncle Gary and Aunt Maria!! How did you know Grant would LOVE anyt
hing with balls AND a hammer?!!!
























Sophia checking out Heather's bling. ;)


















Landon in the party aftermath. People, seriously, this is what our house has looked like for almost a solid month now. I'm tryin!! But it doesn't feel like we're making any headway. This is another one of those things they don't tell you before becoming a parent. Here's my tip:
"New parents: if having chaos, disorganization, and messes in ALL rooms in your home for consistent weeks at a time causes you anxiety....get a prescription and start taking some meds December 1. Either that or buy some liquor."

You're welcome.



Aww, but this makes it all worth while right here. Reading some Happy Birthday Little Pookie, to my little pookie. Mess? What mess? I see no mess here.
Happy Birthday to 2 of the 3 most important boys in my life. ;) Love you lots and lots and lots and lots....




No comments: