and the boys all snuggled up watching a little Lion King before bed.
The next day Dad's extended fam made the trip to Hord. We were really missing Uncle Bob, Aunt Lou and family. Since Rob's accident they were all in Ft. Wayne. But we're hoping to celebrate a Christmas in the summer with everyone again....and a lot of celebrating we'll have to do....for it's just by the grace of God that we'll have future Christmases with Rob. And since Aunt Lou herself proclaimed we should 'go to the cheeseball with gusto' we didn't let her down. It was definitely the LATEST any Christmas family shindig has lasted. It was nearly 2 a.m. when we shut er down and there wasn't even any pounce cards open! Here's the annual timer on the camera picture to capture everyone in attendance. :) I know, I know....you know how Chad is....always trying to steal the lime light. Ugh. What a show off. ;)
Baleigh spent the night, which we all loved! The boys had a bunk mate and no one disturbed my slumber until 6 a.m. when Grant came in our room. Poor Baleigh woke up sometime there after
in a near panic because she thought she'd lost him. It is a concern..
..what with the daybed and all. We don't raise the trundle and both boys have been known to roll off one bed or the other in the middle of the night and end up in the crack and out of sight. The next morning she showed the the Santa tracker online. Landon LOVED it!
Baleigh talked Grant into a nap before taking off to see her Dad. :)
And Grandpa worked to put together an airplane from Grandma Linda with Landon.
Grandpa Forrest and Grandma Ruth came for lunch and then the gift unwrapping commenced. Here's Landon with Uncle Michael and his pile of loot.
Landon's at a FUN age for Christmas! He has the look of shock and awe a lot these days. ;) He was pumped to open these Biscuit Learn to Read books from Grandpa Forrest and Grandma Ruth. Grant on the other hand is at the age where he needs to be coaxed to open gifts. It's really a good combo. Grant most times needs some prompting and Landon is more than obliged to offer his assistance.
Here's Uncle Michael, ready to be a student again, and a CLASSY one at that, (insert Price is Right Rod Roddy voice here) with his NE
W leather man satchel. (courtesy of us!)
Landon opening his Captain America shield that shoots real discs that he's been talking about since I fashioned one out of a piece of IKEA cardboard box. And Grant opening his Little People Farm set which is shocking that we did not yet own.
He LOVES
it. We're getting those animal noises down, people!
We went to church on Christmas Eve...7:00 service since we had PLENTY to do before heading to bed and knew we wouldn't get a wink of sleep if we did the 11:00. We took this picture before and I had to go to Facebook to copy it from Michael's profile.....just so you could see Landon. (I'd appreciate you NOT looking at me in this picture. any who...) This is Landon's new thing....ridiculous faces in pictures. I'm sure you're about to see a lot more. Meanwhile I wonder if people who know Michael and don't know us wonder if we have a child with some issues. And as I type, that's probably true....but being cross eyed isn
't one of them. All the boys do look very handsome in their Christmas attire...(and Mom, you're looking good too of course...as always :) Okay, I digress....Church...back to church.

The 7:00 service is always super crowded and it wasn't any different this year. We got there none too soon and had to go sit up front right behind the piano to get into the sanctuary. The boys were VERY well behaved, until close to the end when I had no choice but to remove Grant and change his diaper before he wet through his suit...and upon our return he was NOT thrilled to be back in the pew.
Landon had some very entertaining commentary during the communion set up by Pastor Joe.
In the pew as Communion was beginning...
Pastor Joe: (holding up the elements) This is the body of Christ broken for you...and this is the blood of Christ shed for you.
Landon: I'm not drinkin' that. Is that REALLY the blood of Christ?! I'm not drinkin that.
L .....O......L....! A little background here....a few weeks ago I took communion in the 4s-5s room at church with Landon on my lap. He had questions, I explained that we do communion to remember that Jesus died on the cross for us and told him what the elements stood for. He just looked at me like I was nuts and didn't say anything. Very unlike Landon to be at a loss for words. He made up for it with his second round with communion.
He walked up with Mom and knelt. He was okay with the body of Christ but passed on the blood. And then leaned over and asked if he could have another piece of bread...cause 'that was pretty good and kinda crunchy.' Sigh. I know communion is supposed to be a somber occasion, but seriously....Jesus himself was giggling I'm sure.
We ended with the candles and Silent Night which I have to say is my favorite moment of the whole entire year. There's no place I'd rather be on Christmas Eve evening than at CUMC with all the lights off, holding a candle and singing Silent Night in the dark. When I think of how Christmas makes my heart feel, that's it. That's the moment. (and really it may be the only time during Christmas where my heart ISN'T feeling acid reflux and stress) :) Every baby's entry into the world is a miracle, but THE baby....Baby Jesus' entry into the world, if that doesn't take your breath away, nothing will. Meanwhile, my baby sat at the end of the pew with plenty of breath to keep blowing out Papa's candle....multiple times. That's Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment