Saturday, December 31, 2011

Breakfast with Santa



Here are my boys all suited up in their plaid shirts, sweater vests and reindeer hats....ready to go see the big guy. (or TECHNICALLY the big guy's helper, since Landon pointed out that some of the santas he's seen don't have big enough bellies or beards to be the REAL santa...so when grilled if we were seeing the REAL santa I said I wasn't sure...it COULD be one of Santa's helpers. AND of course he also wants to know WHY Santa's helpers dress like him? 'That's a little weird' he says. Oh. My. Goodness. This stresses me out.)

We went with Larry and Chris to the Plumber-Pipe Fitter Union Hall to 'Breakfast with Santa.' Grant thoroughly enjoyed his breakfast: a corn dog sausage type thing and a cookie,












AND we discovered the Grant is a huge fan of chocolate milk. (which now he refers to as mocolate milk. It's adorable. Have to get that on video). I gave in and let Landon have a cookie after he ate half of a plain biscuit. Whatev. It's breakfast with Santa. I'm not fighting that battle. And as you can see he was perfectly happy with his cookie.

After we were done eating, on cue, Santa arrived. Landon was excited, Grant was awe struck. But not comfortable at all with sitting on Santa's lap. He did get a high five out of him though. We were the first kids in line. Score! (although there wasn't much of a line anyway) Landon was so fast that I got a video of him but no picture of him ON Santa's lap. He told Santa that he wanted Operation, which came as a huge shock to us, since all we had heard about was the Bat Cave. My picture that I snapped isn't on here because it was more of
the dismount from Santa's lap. It was all good though, because I got a decent pic of both of them with Santa. AND Grant's high five.










Santa gave out stockings with candy canes. Which Grant MAY love as much as mocolate milk...as proved in this kind of 'freak me out' picture where Grant looks a little bit like he should be in one of the Twilight movies.




I'm pretty certain Grandma was almost as sticky as Grant when it was all said and done. While Grant was enjoying his candy cane, Landon made the urgent announcement that he had forgotten to ask Santa for anything for Grant. So we had him wait until Santa didn't have any customers and then told him he could go back. He didn't go for the lap sit though, he just got close enough to tell Santa that Grant 'needed a baseball glove because he doesn't have one and because he was always taking his.' Thoughtful, yes....alterior motive...certainly. ;)





















I guess he could've asked for a lump of coal for him....I'm pretty sure he's as thoughtful as five year olds come.
Thanks Grandpa and Grandma for taking us to see Santa!!


No comments: