Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy Birthday, Boys (the First Time)

While Mom, Dad, Michael, Grandma and Grandpa were over we celebrated the boys' birthdays (for the first time). We had a family party planned the following weekend, but Mom and Dad knew they couldn't make it because of the church Christmas cantata. So while everyone was here, we just wiped out Thanksgiving AND birthdays. And yes that is ONE PITIFUL cake...I've always wanted to decorate cakes because I think it'd be super cool, but every time I get the opportunity to actually have an occasion to try it on, I don't have time. So instead there's ridiculous Wal-Mart sports candies on this Betty Crocker cake. It got the job done though.








I had to put this picture on too. It's a great picture of Grandpa and Grandma
and Landon stealing the spotlight.

The boys
got stuffed animal banks from Grandpa and Grandma. Grant's is a monkey (so he's in love with it) and Landon's is a puppy. They make noise wh
en you put change in them. Super cute.

















Mom and Dad got Landon a scooter and Grant Cars 2.

I love this picture of Landon opening his scooter. He's ecstatic and Dad looks shocked or perplexed or something. He's just as surprised as Landon! (good acting Dad! or maybe he really didn't know what they had gotten who knows :) )











So after the elation of opening the scooter we were a little too scared to ride it because it wouldn't stand up on it's own.

Grandpa Forrest tried to do a little coaxing and did some modeling on how a scooter rides.

IF I had a highlight picture reel of the year, this would be near the top folks. AND I'm so impressed that I actually got the pictures! (My camera and I aren't on the best of terms and it seems like I always miss stuff like this)






Eating some cake!




Then when everyone was out of the kitchen and he thought he was the only one around, Landon took a spin on his new scooter. I caught him though! This was the 'I did it!' at the end of the spin. :) He's becoming more self conscious and DOES NOT want to try anything that he doesn't think he can do. Another competitive issue we have. UGH. I LOVED this moment though!

No comments: