Sunday, October 16, 2016

Mummy's Lil Punkins


Get it? "MUM'my's?  Lil 'PUNKINS'?   
Yeah.  Pretty lame.  Sorry.  I couldn't resist.  


We took the kids to the Apple Barn on Columbus Day.  Landon was begging for an apple cider slushy and I couldn't disagree that it sounded fabulous.  So I put Annie in her pumpkin shirt I made her and we took some mum and pumpkin pictures, slurped down some slushies, and bought some fudge.  

Not a bad little holiday.  Not bad at all.  




And last Sunday marked Annelise's first time making it to church.  We managed to get out the door for Sunday morning service, which I was pretty impressed by especially considering we all slept in until 9:00.  It wasn't pretty by any means, but the Kutscher family was seated in the back row during one of the first songs of the service, so I counted it a victory.

At one point in the sermon when scripture was quoted about the sheep and goats being divided, I leaned over and whispered to Chad that our dear little princess SMELLED like a goat, and I was hoping no one around us had noticed.  (Yikes.  I mean, clear a room, put on your gas mask, roll down the windows, Yikes.)  Thankfully we didn't get any dirty looks from anyone, but we were sitting with God's people, so maybe they were just being forgiving.  And once we got in the car, GRANT ripped one.  Landon was giving him a hard time about it, and we heard from the back seat, "Hey.  Listen.  You gotta hold your toots in church, but you don't gotta hold em in the car."

I mean...do we have the gassiest children known to man or what?!?!  Here's what I'm going to take away from that quote:  I'm raising a boy who knows WHEN to hold his toots.



Hey, it's important.

No comments: