Monday, December 31, 2012

He's Six...and Other Adjectives


He's SIX?!  REALLY?!?  How did that happen so fast?  Here he is the morning of his big day ready to open presents in his jammies....and of course he had help.  Help from someone with no pants....hmmm wonder who THAT could be?!     
Landon got an Obi-Wan Lego watch, a Star Wars Lego Character encyclopedia and WipeOut 3 for his DS from us.  




Mr. No Pants felt that he could be more help than he was being allowed to be apparently...in fact this picture may be the one that sums up our Christmas vacation the best.  These two...ugh...they could use some space away from each other after two weeks of together time.  Perfect segway to He's Six and other adjectives....
Landon is six and...
a good big brother.  He's patient with Grant (for the most part) and plays with him a lot.  He shows him how to do things but also lets Grant be the boss occasionally...(I did say occasionally :)  I love the way he talks to babies, too....just like we do.  It's adorable.  

sensitive to other people's feelings.  He's extremely sympathetic if someone is hurt or upset.

a reader!  He's starting to realize it, too which is the fun part!

bright.  We've known this for quite some time.  I mean I KNOW every parent thinks their kids are bright but I (of course) think ours is especially bright.  He makes connections to things that blow my mind.  'Hey mom, Uncle Scar from Lion King is just like King Herod was with Baby Jesus.  Uncle Scar doesn't like Simba because he's afraid he's going to take his place.'  WHAAAA?????  Me: ''who told you that?"  Him:  "no one.  I just think it's true.  Is it?"  Me:  "ummm, yes babe.  Very true."  Hey mom, I know what 5+5+2 is...it's 12.  Those are just two examples I can think of off the top of my head.  He also asks a lot of questions...'Dad, do guns have batteries?...well then, how do they work?'



snuggly.  My heart will break when he stops asking me to sit and snuggle with him.  And unfortunately, I know that day is coming sooner than I'd like it to.  When it's snuggle time we've got to have yellow blanket and Little Guy around too.

outgoing in some situations and conscientious in others.  He's a leader in his class at school, but also very skittish and nervous about a lot of things.  We've gone from being scared of p.e. because of the whole stretching thing to being scared of fire.  I'm sure he'll move on to something else soon.  Sigh.

one of the pickiest eaters in the world.  Landon eats pretty healthy foods, but only has a small list of foods that appear on his approved list.  He has pretty much the same lunch EVERY. DAY. Four baby carrots, two slices of whole grain bread with butter, applesauce, a juice box and some kind of treat (marshmallows, cheez-its, fruit snacks, etc.)  Some days he'll feel brave and will try a bite of something we talk him into but after having the one bite he's done.  Ugh!

a Star Wars Fanatic!  He knows all the characters and what happens in what episode.  He's completely obsessed.

His other loves:  Mario Baseball on the Wii, Backyardigans, staying up late and sleeping in, baseball, going to soccer practice with Daddy, playing pretend with his ImagiNext toys and lately the Nativity. Tonight it was actually both of them together.  I believe it was the Joker who was asking what the hub-bub was in the manger, and the shepherd who answered, 'Baby Jesus was born!'  Too cute.

His other non-favorites:  waking up in the morning, trying something new that doesn't come to him easily, eating breakfast before we leave for school in the morning, going to the grocery store, being asked about the love notes in his backpack...daily.  Ha!  I'm in trouble people.  This guy is gonna be a catch.  He'll always have my heart...that is for sure.

No comments: