The day after Christmas we went back to Larry and Chris's for dinner and to do our Christmas. Here Abby and Landon wait patiently amidst their piles for the green light!
The first present Chad opened was the Pinewood Derby cars that he made with Larry when he was in Cub Scouts. :) Grant loved them and proceeded to break a piece off one in a matter of seconds. Wood glue please!!
I was excited to give Abby and Sophia the first Christmas presents I purchased this year...which I actually ordered right after we returned from our Gulf Shores vacay this past summer. The girls were crazy about Landon and Grant's matching backpacks that we take to restaurants, dr. appts, etc. And after both Kelly and Scott asked where we got them on separate occasions I decided on Christmas gift #1 for the girls. :) Of course, this list isn't hard for me to fill in. I never have any issues finding things I want to buy my nieces!! Check out miss Big Stuff with her backpack on!
I soooo wish I would've had the video camera running when Landon opened his Jaba's Palace Lego set from Grandpa and Grandma. Surprise! He was dramatic!! Fell over the box of course...we've seen this move before. ;) And then he kept saying, "I must be dreaming!!" and "Someone wake me up!!" He was super excited to say the least.
Both Grandpa and Grandma got big hugs for that present...and then I felt bad for everyone else that he opened gifts from afterwards because nothing could quite measure up to Jaba's palace. He sat for a few minutes just staring at the box with a pile of presents in front of him!!
and Sophia with her fridge magnet gears
This picture cracks me up...adults just mindin' their business...Sophia sprawled out among the presents, just hangin' out.
Grant helped Aunt Kelly open her shoe organizer. Pay attention little man. You'll probably need one of these too if that shoe addiction gene doesn't skip a generation.
And this picture that perfectly captures the 'try it on!' tradition at the Kutscher house...started by non other than Scott P. Mehring, but carried on by his adoring younger fans. All Scott has to do his throw his fist in the air when someone opens an item of clothing and these two start the chant. "Try it on! Try it on!" and when the giftee complies and tries on the gift, there's a big whooo-hoo from onlookers. Here's Landon throwing up his 'woo-hoo' fist when Grandma tried on her new sweater from him and Grant.
And lastly...pic of Larry and Chris opening up the 2011 edition of Keepin' Up with the Kutschers
No comments:
Post a Comment