Monday, December 31, 2012

NYE 2012

We hosted a New Year's Eve bash here...8 adults, 7 kids...elastic waist pants, dips coming out of our ears, tacos, drinks, dancing (in that order...oh, boys), board game....fun.  :)

Kiddos at dinner...

I made layered Jello with Cool Whip and sprinkles for the kids...remembering how much I loved when Grandma Linda would do that for us when we were little.  Not many of the kids were impressed...I think it would've went over better without the Cool Whip...which is INSANE since the Cool Whip is the best part!  ;)  Grant was game for at least giving it a try though.  I can always count on him to brave any dessert.


Kristi orchestrating a group picture on the top bunk






Abby playing a little Jake and the Neverland Pirates...she refused to pose for a picture for her mom...but I got a smile.  Elite Aunt Status perk.

and speaking of Elite Aunt status....how cute is THIS?!




Camera timer picture!  And it's a keeper!!
coming in a close second...the silly face timer pic.
Uncle Stallion tossing something delicious into Grant's mouth...looks like maybe an Animal Cracker crumb...nice shot though!  It's in there!






And here are the girls...pretty late in the evening...exuding class in our elastic waists and comfy wear....
and then there are the boys...ahem...



perhaps they just do this for good blog pictures?  to prove their youth?  for our their own entertainment?
No matter the reason, we're lucky girls.  Eat your heart out ladies...
toast time!!  sparkling grape juice all around courtesy of the Mehrings!


Landon uncooperative for picture at 12:01....was still awake at 1:00



YUM!!  (she must be a Mehring)




maybe if I concentrate hard enough I won't fall asleep.

Another one in the books!  2012 is history!  Can't wait to see what kind of memories will be made in 2013 while we're Keepin' up with the Kutschers!  

No comments: