Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December 9th! THE Big Day.


My 38 week appointment was today and Dr. Klein scheduled a c-section to deliver Baby Kutschy-Koo a week from today. The baby still isn't low enough and I'm not dilated...at all. We've been here before, so I was thrilled when she came back with a week from today as a delivery date. With Landon, I would still be pregnant, oh three weeks from now. Heck, if they wouldn't have drug him out of there, I could still be pregnant with him for all we know. ;) This way I'll come home late Friday afternoon and be home for the last weekend of chemo recovery. It'll be a good weekend!


I've been home this week taking it easy. I've spent some quality time with Matt and Meredith, Drew Carey, and all my friends at HGTV. I've also finished up some taggie orders and cleaned up Landon's room and our bedroom. On tomorrow's agenda, some candy making and baby laundry. This weekend we added Landon's hand to the family tree in the nursery. I painted this tree on the wall in Landon's room when he was born. We've had family members add their hands on canvas to make the leaves. So now that this isn't Landon's room anymore, he needed to be added to the tree. It was a momentous occasion. Abby's hand was added at the same time as well.


Also ready for the new baby...the cradle my Grandpa made. I absolutely love this thing. I hope Landon and this baby and whoever else we add to the family are able to rock their kids in it. It's absolutely beautiful. Dad helped Chad move it up to our room a few weeks ago. This week, I cleaned it up and washed all the stuff to put in it. Here it is, in our room, empty, ready for a new little one to rock to sleep. Yes, the bumpers and sheets are blue....doesn't mean anything necessarily. Just means when we bought them before Landon was born, I couldn't stomach buying one more green item. ;) You can rock a baby girl to sleep in a blue cladded bed, but you can't rock a baby boy in a pink one. Am I right or am I right?

Landon's been practicing his big brother skills in preparation for the big day as well. Just this evening, he ran down the hallway, with a chubby bulldog at his feet, shut his bedroom door on her and locked it. After being beckoned to the door to help find something, Chad asked Landon why he locked the door. His response: "I didn't want Stella to come in!" Good thing he locked it. I mean Stella could just jump right up there and turn that door knob at any second. Poor Stella.
Also, big news today...Baby Brunner has arrived!! Annabel Grace was born this evening being the third of three girls born to Chad's college buddies within the last six months. Either way here, we win. If we have the fourth girl, we win! I mean, we have a GIRL! But if we have a boy, we win, too, because our son can turn on the Kutscher charm, he will most likely inherit, and woo all of the ladies! Time will tell! One week to go and the clock it is a tickin'!!

3 comments:

Christine (Ramsey) Coventry said...

It's getting closer. Good luck to you during your delivery!

Unknown said...

Good luck Megan. The Kutscher family will definitely be in our prayers!

The Poole Family

PS... Your card cracked me up!!!

ashley said...

i'll be thinking of you this week! hope everything goes well :)