Tuesday, December 29, 2009

He's THREE?! Can't BE!

Whose bed is this you ask? Oh yes, it technically is the bed that Chad and I should sleep in....but do we? Hardly. This could be why. More often than sleeping in this bed we both have relocated....Chad to the race car bed, me to the couch. We were reminiscing the other day about how simple our lives were just three short years ago. When we took small things for granted, like sleeping in our bed the hours we chose. When the worries we thought we had weren't really worries at all. Wouldn't go back to that for a second. Look at these precious little angels. Who needs sleep anyway.


Saturday, good ol Uncle Michael added to his HOURS of driving and made the trip up to Rochester. We got D'Arcy's take out, which for all of you out of towners is an Irish Bar and Grill famous for the Springfield native cusine of horseshoes. If you're confused and picturing the lawn game played at many family reunions, let me wet your appetite a little. Picture this instead: bread topped with the meat of your choice (Chad always gets buffalo chicken), topped with french fries, topped with white cheddar cheese sauce. Oh yes, it IS practically a heart attack served on a plate, but oh how delicious. I didn't think Grant was up to a horseshoe after the agony I had put him through over the past few days where I ate my weight in Christmas candy and cookies, so I had a salad instead. We went over to Larry and Chris's and hung with the fam awhile, too.

Sunday, how ever hard it is to believe, Landon turned three. With all the excitement we've had going on this month, we decided we weren't up for the traditional birthday "party." Instead we opted for just our immediate family, pizza, and a small cake. Once Landon has his surgery to have his port removed, (which will be in about 6 months hopefully) we will have a PAR-TAY. By then, I think we'll all feel more celebratory. :) Here he is opening a gift from Cousin Abby and being serenaded by the fam.









Once again, Landon got tons of presents: a table and chairs, a grill, a digital camera (that takes real pictures! What the?!? Maybe I'll feature some of his photos on the blog before long), some clothes, some trucks, etc, etc. Perhaps the best present he got on his birthday didn't come from a wrapped box, but instead from the sky. We had about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground by the time we finished eating our cake, so we bundled up the munchkins and took them out to play. I'm not really sure who had the most fun, the daddies of the kiddos. Here's possibly one of the funniest videos I've captured on our camera. Probably not gonna win us $10,000, but it could definitely make the show...



















While we were all outside, Grant was enjoying the warmth of G.G's arms. :)


I know I've put a lot of videos on this post, but there are too many good ones to leave any out. This is the last one....a sledding montage. I didn't do anything fancy putting the separate videos together, so you'll have to tolerate the jumping from one scene to another. Our computer doesn't like to save video clips on Movie Maker for some reason, so spending a lot of time only to have the computer freeze is not that appealing. The result...not that great of an effort with the videos. They're still enjoyable though.

No comments: