Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Last Post as a Family of Three

So much to blog about this week! I guess I'll start with our visit with Santa! We took Landon to church on Saturday to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what he wanted for Christmas. That of course, was the pep talk we had a couple of times before we went. We didn't really think it would happen. He tends to freeze up in crowds of people and isn't crazy about sitting on the laps of strangers. What kid is really? BUT Landon climbed right up on Santa's lap like he was an old friend and proceeded to talk his arm off. Here's a small clip of their conversation:






What is missing from the video is that he told Santa he wanted Optimus Prime (a Transformer) for Christmas. The second part he's telling Santa is that Abby is a baby and she can't talk to him and she likes pink. He also added, after I turned the camera off, that Abby likes to be tickled. Not sure what Santa will bring Abby that's pink and tickly, but I guess that's why he's Santa. He'll figure it out. He also shared with Santa that we have a Christmas tree that came out of a box at our house that has ornaments on it. And as we were getting ready to leave the church, we had to get back in line because he forgot to mention that he also wanted BumbleBee (another Transformer). He was a HOOT I tell ya.



Also big news in Landon's world this week, we set up a small fish tank in his room. He's earning fish by filling stickers in on a potty chart. The first fish was an easy one, he just had to go once at LaVella's house on Friday. He did it, so Friday evening, we headed to PetsMart and came home with a 27 cent goldfish, who Landon named.....are ya ready? It's really original.....Nemo. We had to talk him into naming him. We asked him twice what he was going to name the fish, and his response was "Fish don't have names." He finally gave in and came up with Nemo.



What Chad and I didn't remember was how much Stella is enthralled with fish tanks. When we moved into our house, the previous owner had a very large fish tank set up in the basement that he didn't move until a couple of weeks after closing. Stella would just sit down there and stare at the fish. She was really sad when he moved it out. Well, when she realized that Nemo was in Landon's room, she was as entertaining as Landon. We even drug her bed in Saturday night and let her sleep in Landon's room next to Nemo. Could be a coincidence, but Landon also slept through the night....well 11 to 7. That counts though. Maybe he finds her snoring soothing...maybe it's just not being alone...or maybe it was a complete fluke. We're gonna see what happens tonight though.



Chad had a good week this week, too. On Cyber Monday I was toying with the idea of ordering him a TV. I knew he was dying to have one, and knew that he wanted "at least a 50 inch." So while I laid on the couch watching The Price is Right I did some comparison shopping and then made the decision that I couldn't make a decision without talking to him about it. I wanted to get him something good for Christmas this year, because if you remember last year, I was told not to spend any money on him because what he was getting me was "for both of us" and ended up being tickets to see Legally Blonde the musical and I felt like a horrible wife. So when he came home on Monday, I told him I had been looking online and was thinking maybe he'd like to order a TV for Christmas. I showed him the two 50 inchers I was looking at, and he says, "I found a 65" for the same price online today." After I said, okay order it, I started asking questions....probably a little backwards. Here's a summary of that conversation:

Me: "So what are we gonna do with the TV that's in the living room now?"

Chad: "Don't worry about it."

Me: "So how big is 65"? Is it going to fit on our TV stand?"

Chad: "Um....I don't know. Don't worry about it."

Me: "Well, are we gonna need to buy an entertainment center to house this monstrosity of a TV?"

Chad: "Maybe. Don't worry about it."

Me: "Are the neighbors gonna be able to see what we're watching from their living room?"

Chad: "Probably. Don't worry about it."


You get the idea. So today the Best Buy crew shows up with this TV which is now in our living room, which barely fits on our TV stand, which are neighbors can DEFINITELY see what we're watching, which we do need to drop some serious dough on an entertainment center to house, and Chad is as happy as a clam. Merry Christmas, Chad!! You may get be getting an entertainment center for your birthday for the next two years. ;) I'm sure he won't mind. Here are the boys posing in front of it, while watching Cars.

One more video for you this week. This was about 10:00 Saturday night. These two. Ugh. They're somethin'.




So of course, two big days for the Kutschers this week.

Wednesday is the big day...when our family will grow to a family of four! We'll update the blog as soon as we can. We're hoping that the hospital now has wireless internet for guests. They didn't when Landon was born, but that was three years ago. We'll do our best. And if you're curious....we still haven't decided on a boy name. Our friends Adam and Jodi are having their big day tomorrow! Good luck Burns Bunch! We'll be saying prayers for you and can't wait to hear your news. All within a week, we'll have welcomed Baby Annabel Brunner, Baby Madeline Doyle, Baby Kutscher and Baby Burns! CRAZINESS with all these babies!!! And so far....ALL THESE GIRLS! Chris said on Saturday she was getting a little nervous, because "they're passing out all the girls." We shall see if we get one or if we get another bouncing baby boy. Either way, we'll be blessed and happy....the kid just may not have a name directly after birth. ;)

Friday is the big day....when Landon finishes chemo!! Last treatment....YAAAAA-HOOOO! And Mommy and baby will be home that evening....that's the plan. We'll be doing some serious celebrating and snuggling on the couch this weekend. It all seems very surreal right now, and I'm sure still will by the time I'm blogging next Sunday. The two biggest things we've been looking forward to for such a long time are about to happen within two days of each other. Kinda hard to beat a week like that!

1 comment:

ashley said...

it's a good thing i've got an inside scoop to the birth/sex of baby kutschers....otherwise i'd be goin crazy over here wondering about that new babe! :)