Monday, December 14, 2009

Welcome Home, Grant! Woo-Hoo for Landon!


Friday, December 11, 2009, is a day that will live in infamy in the Kutscher house...even though it's four days and a 'few' years after the real "infamy" day. The two headlines:

Welcome Home, Baby Grant!
...and
Woo-Hoo, for Landon!

Okay, headline one:

Welcome Home, Baby Grant!


While Chad and his mom got up bright and early and headed to St. Louis, my mom got up bright and early and headed up to the hospital to hang with me and Grant while we were waiting to be dismissed, and waiting for our taxi to return from St. Louis. ;) I was really ready to come home, mostly because I was excited to see Landon with Grant. I was just a little sad to be leaving the hospital room service though. I mean, pick up the phone and in 20 minutes you can have whatever kind of food your little heart desires delivered right to your bed. Good food, too!

Chad got to the hospital around 3:00 and by the time we got our escort, wheel chair and cart, it was 4 before we left. Landon met us at the door! He had been waiting for "his baby boy" to come home since Wednesday. That's a long wait for a two year old. He was super excited to see and hold Grant, and was a natural big brother. We have video of this, but we took it with the video camera instead of my regular camera so I don't have it to upload yet. He did ask my mom and Chris who Baby Grant's Mommy and Daddy were. They explained that he was going to share his Mommy and Daddy with Grant. His response....a pause, and then "oh." The next morning he told Mom he was going to give Grant a football to "take to his house to play with." Mom explained that this was Grant's house, that he was going to live with us. His response...a pause, and then "oh." I think it's starting to set in. :)



















Now onto, headline two:
Woo-Hoo For Landon!

I made a list for Chad to take to chemo on Friday. Questions to ask and things to take. Landon made some Christmas ornaments f(or instruments as he sometimes calls them) for his nurses, doctors and people he sees on a regular basis. I also made some Christmas candy and put in the basket to give to them. I didn't even dream about the plans they had made for Landon. He got some really nice presents! A V-Tech lap top computer toy, a blanket, and some musical instruments. And when he had finished, all of his
nurses sang "Congratulations, to you!" instead of "Happy Birthday, to you!" and I guess Landon flipped out a little. He doesn't really like being the center of attention in a large group of people, especially people he doesn't know well. I think he probably was just a little embarrassed. But HOW SWEET! Chad's Mom took some pictures thankfully.



So from here, Landon will have another week of blood work this week, then will return to Children's in three months for a CT scan. WHEN the CT scan comes back fine, they schedule the appointment to remove the port. Then we have an ultrasound done of his tummy every six months for the next three years, and after that once a year for five more years. A breeze, right?! After the last five months, we can definitely handle a few scans.



On Saturday, cousin Abby met Grant for the first time. She wasn't too impressed, and wasn't very interested at all until Kelly held Grant. Then Abby was definitely less than amused.





Also, on a side note...apparently being a big brother really wears a guy out. Since we've come home, Landon has slept ALL NIGHT LONG for THREE NIGHTS in a ROW! WOO-HOO!! I don't want to jinx it. I probably already did just by typing it out. Tonight he'll be up three times. Now if only becoming a big brother would make you potty trained! I can dream right?

Here's a video of Landon introducing all you blog readers to his pride and joy.


No comments: