Monday, December 28, 2009

Santa Claus is Comin' to Town!




















Since I sent Grant's birth announcements as Christmas cards this year I didn't do the annual under the tree with the dog shot. :) Here it is on Christmas Eve. Note: the more subjects under the age of three/canines in a picture, the more difficult it is to capture a moment.

We set out milk and cookies for Santa, of course. I got this AWESOME cookie recipe from a friend at school....it's basically a peanut butter cookie with a fun size candy bar of your choice melted in the middle of the cookie. DE-LISH. If you're interested, I'd be happy to share the recipe. Santa liked them, and having them in the house has definitely NOT given me a jump start on losing my baby tummy. Here's Landon picking out the best ones for Santa Claus and setting them in the best spot we could find, under the stockings.

It took awhile, but Landon FINALLY
went to sleep. There was much discussion about US going to the North Pole, instead of Santa coming here. (I think he may have watched "The Santa Clause" movie one too many times.) And then wondering about whose house Santa was at right at the moment. One would think the anticipation would make for an early riser....WRONG-O. We had to wake Landon just like we always do. Once we got him up and going though, he was up and going. Here he is opening his first gift from Santa.






This is the only video I have from Christmas morning because our blankety blank blank camera that was sent off to be fixed, only to be returned to us by Sony after they said there was nothing wrong with it, shut off AGAIN in the middle of me videoing not to turn on again for 20 minutes. Santa gift unwrapping OVER. Sony will be receiving a letter from me along with this bleepity camera next week, and if you want my advice, DON'T buy a Sony camera. Take that, Sony. Lots of people read this blog (okay, a few) and this is bad publicity for your products. Looks like you should've looked over the Kutscher camera a little more thoroughly so this angry mama didn't miss Christmas morning '09. Can't get that back people. You blew it! (...end of rant)

Along with Bumblebee, Santa brought Optimus Prime (both Transformers) and he brought Grant two Swaddling blankets. Landon also got some marble run blocks, a crane for his Thomas the Train set, and some other little stuff...books and what not from Daddy and Mommy. Chad got his awesome TV earlier, so all he got to open Christmas morning was a Scotland soccer jersey from the boys. He was still very happy. I had to order the Scotland jersey directly from the UK, courtesy of one of Michael's English friends, because apparently Scotland jerseys are hard to come by here in the good ol US of A. Chad got me some Oakley sunglasses (ooh!) and perfume, and I got two necklaces from the boys.


After opening gifts, we rushed out of the house to make it to our next Christmas at Chad's mom and dad's....and that will be my next post after I get some laundry done and am able to see the floor in this living room. :)

No comments: