Monday Landon had a CT scan to double check that everything was clear since he's finished chemo. Yesterday morning, his nurse called to tell us that the scan looked great! YAHOO!!! Landon did so well with the scan, too. The last one we had done was before his surgery and was easily one of the roughest parts of the whole ordeal. Holding a two year old down for an IV and having him sedated while he's irrate, is not on my list of things I want to experience again. This time they used his port to administer the sedation, so it went much smoother. We go back to see our doctor in St. Louis on January 25.
The way we understand it (hopefully it will be clearer after talking to the doctor) is that we will go monthly for six months, will have ultrasounds and chest xrays every three months, and will have another CT in six months. As long as its clear, the port will then come out. Not sure what the routine will be after that, but CT scans and ultrasounds won't be as often I don't think. He won't be totally released for five years. Right now we're just thankful the scan was clear and that chemo is over. No more sickies!!
The way we understand it (hopefully it will be clearer after talking to the doctor) is that we will go monthly for six months, will have ultrasounds and chest xrays every three months, and will have another CT in six months. As long as its clear, the port will then come out. Not sure what the routine will be after that, but CT scans and ultrasounds won't be as often I don't think. He won't be totally released for five years. Right now we're just thankful the scan was clear and that chemo is over. No more sickies!!Yesterday afternoon Bill, Elaine and Baby Victoria (or Bell, Melaine, and Baby Batoria as Landon calls them) came to visit. We hadn't seen Victoria since she was just a couple of weeks old. Amazing how fast they change!!
After the Zobrists left, Landon finally asked the dreaded question, "Can my feed the fishies?" (He says my for I:) ) Well, the fishies passed on, one on Christmas Eve, one on Sunday. We got rid of the evidence and unplugged the pump, but hadn't brought it up around him. Tuesday was the first day he'd said anything about it. I told him that the fish weren't here anymore, that they had gone to fishy heaven. He said, "fishy heaven?" and Chad said, "They went to be with Fishy Jesus." Landon repeated "fish
y Jesus" enough times that I had a mental picture in my head of a bearded gold fish in a white robe standing at the pearly gates. Can't wait til this comes up in conversation with someone else.
y Jesus" enough times that I had a mental picture in my head of a bearded gold fish in a white robe standing at the pearly gates. Can't wait til this comes up in conversation with someone else. Here's a few pics I snapped of our bright eyed boy. Seems like he's already getting too big too quickly!
2 comments:
literal LOL ... I totally lost it on that Fishy Jesus part! Nice, Chad. Now we're all confused :)
Love the picture of Grant with his eyes wide open. What a doll!!
Post a Comment