Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas with the Kutschers...and the Mehrings, and the Coxs, and the Smalls


Christmas morning we exchanged gifts with Chad's parents and sibs. We all got too many presents to list. Landon got a work bench (which Chad is assembling as I type). He also got a guitar and microphone which he's been entertaining us with, along with some Transformers and a remote control monster truck. He was super helpful to everyone else as they were opening their gifts, too. Grant got a humidifier, some clothes, sippy cups, snack bowls, and a monitor. He was VERY excited. :)




Chad got an inversion table...you know one of those things you strap your ankles in and hang upside down from. Although I have no idea where he's going to put it. He may end up hanging upside down and watching his new monster tv. I'm sure that I should just "not worry about it." :) He also got a home beer brewing kit, which if added to the tv/inversion table set up could make things even more interesting.








I got an alarm clock that my ipod will sit in, a new purse, a new sweater, a stock pot, and some gift cards. My gifts don't build as entertaining picture in your head as Chad's gifts. I guess you can picture me in my new sweater, purse over my shoulder, boiling some spaghetti if you want. Still doesn't quite compare to Chad hanging intoxicated by his ankles in front of his movie theater sized tv. :)

Abby was most intrigued by the clothes she opened and probably would have carried them on her shoulder all day if her mom would've let her. :) Although, kudos to us for getting her a super cool shopping cart complete with food that was her favorite gift to play with the day after Christmas.

Every Christmas the Kutscher "kids" all look for a pickle ornament hidden somewhere in the Christmas tree. I believe that's some sort of German tradition perhaps. Any who, Chad, for the first time ever or so he says, was the pickle winner this year. The father son team found the pickle which was shadily hidden INSIDE a stocking ornament on the tree. Here they are posing with the pickle and the pickle prize.

The rest of Chad's extended family came later that afternoon and there was much eating and merriment. Somehow we didn't take any family pictures this year, so I don't have those to post. :( I could post a picture of our disaster of a living room when we unloaded all of these gifts, but that would be embarrassing!! Instead, here's a picture of all the kiddos on the couch.


We had an enormous pile of gifts to open with the extended family, too. We had welcome baby presents, Christmas presents, and a few Landon birthday presents to open. Here's Landon posing with a race car from Uncle Rob and Aunt Melissa. You can catch a glimpse of "aunt" Laura in the background. We never would've gotten through the pile of presents without her assistance. Nice work, Laura.
And so ended our Christmas-es. We got home late in the evening and had one day to recover before another round of gift opening, known as Landon's third birthday.....next post. :)


No comments: