Landon walked up behind me and stood there with his baseball glove, and said, "whatcha doin' Mom?" I said, "takin' off your training wheels." He didn't panic or start crying (which was better than what I expected) but he did put up a small protest. I said, "we just need to give it a try. You've already done so many big boy things this summer, you might as well learn this, too. Plus, if you give it a try, I betcha it doesn't take you long anyway. AND if you learn to ride without training wheels, we'll buy you a new bike." He was quiet after that for just a minute, then put his glove down and said, "alright, I'll TRY."
They started on the side walk, but the curve was throwing Landon off a little. Literally. He was bailing when he got to the ever so slight curve in the driveway.
So training was relocated to the entrance of the bike trail....nice and wide, and straight.
And after just a few minutes, what do ya know....we had a two wheeler rider.
This is as close as the paparazzi was allowed. The instructor had sent me to the house because the trainee was way tougher with me IN the house, than out...with a camera. I did manage to snap this victory fist pump though. And when he rode back all the way...this one. :) It was time to start bike shoppin'.
No comments:
Post a Comment