So we get to the stadium and walk in right behind people dressed in character. And the fun begins.
We got there early, and didn't have to wait in hardly any lines. Now I should say here, also, that to each his own. However, some of these people dressed in character, have their own trading cards folks. They belong to Garrisons...and I guess do these kind of gigs on a regular basis. Kind of puts my husband playing fantasy sports in a different light, ya know what I'm sayin?
We got in line for this crew...and as we're getting closer, Grant's hiding behind my legs, and I say to Chad, hey you're probably going to have to be in this picture. I don't think he's going to get close enough to Darth Maul. And then it's our turn, and Darth Maul walks over and picks. Grant. Up. And he goes. He said for about 15 minutes, 'Darth Maul picked me up!' over and over. He's even smiling here! I was impressed.
...taking it all in when we finally made it to our seats. We didn't go to any games at all last summer. I'm sure he doesn't remember being at the stadium before. So cute to watch.
| My handsome Cardinal fan boys |
...on the hunt for some pizza
...wearing some ballpark grease. Oh yeah.
So here's David Eckstein and his wife, who is the voice of Asoka Tano in Star Wars the Clone Wars cartoons. She was in Disney while we were there, too. Go figure.
Grant said, 'is it almost over,' after the second pitch of the game....which Mike Matheny may have been thinking the same thing, because that's the pitch that resulted in a line drive which nailed Shelby Miller, who had to be taken out of the game and it was down hill from there for our Red Birds.
We stuck it out until the sixth inning, which was about 10:30 folks. Seriously. Longest. Game. Ever. (especially when you're getting killed) But before we put up the white flag, Fred Bird came out along with a few Star Wars peeps. It appeared that he and Darth Vader were going to duel with their light sabers, but then Fred Bird dropped his light saber and started dancing to Gangham Style. And here combines three of Landon's loves....Cardinal Baseball, Star Wars, and Gangham Style. He was on cloud nine.
Darth Vader played along too. Before the end the whole crew was dancing.
...and our whole crew was sleeping before we got home. Fun night St. Louis Cardinals! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment