
What a very "complete" week....we had a little bit of everything...
A little bit of busy: I put in two evenings of parent teacher conferences, leaving Chad holding down the homestead for dinner and baths.
A little bit of relaxin: Chad and I went to St. Louis (minus the boys) on Saturday. We spent the day doing some Christmas shopping then went out for dinner and drinks. (Thank you Mom and Dad:)
A little bit of work: lawn work, laundry, washing windows, cleaning, etc.
A little bit of play: playin in the leaves, some "little bit of baseball," some Candy Land....lots of playin with Papa

A little bit of drama: complete with firetrucks at the school on Wednesday....electrical issue...everything fine. Thank goodness it was during an institute with NO kids!
A little bit of boredom: Chad and I actually watched some TV and sat on a couch together on Saturday night. WHAT!?! That hasn't happened in....hmmm.....not sure when.
A little bit of list makin': I officially started my Christmas shopping list....no, not gifts for me...you know the mas
ter shopping list. Takes big time strategery (stole it from W. SNL style) to get holiday shopping done. Better start planning now. (like I'm early...yeah right)
ter shopping list. Takes big time strategery (stole it from W. SNL style) to get holiday shopping done. Better start planning now. (like I'm early...yeah right)A little bit of list crossin' off: Yes...we're speaking of the same list again.

A little bit of leaf eatin', and a little bit of leaf throwin'....:) Okay enough with the opposite list, let's move on....


So after this hellaciously busy week, I don't think I've ever been so ready for a weekend. Seriously...We both taught all day Monday and Tuesday. I had 10 conferences Tuesday night between 4:00 and 7:00. Wednesday we taught until noon. After realizing the school in fact was NOT on fire, we had teacher meetings until 3:30. Thursday I had conferences from 8:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. and when I got home I really wanted to do something fun to celebrate....but I just didn't have any gas in the tank to do it. I barely managed to carry laundry downstairs....and that my friends, definitely does not qualify as "celebrating."
Friday morning we got up to a BEAUTIFUL day. I made some coffee, stayed in my jammy pants, watched some Today show and played some Candy Land, until Landon an
d I decided we should go out and help Daddy with some yard work...which turned into playing some baseball and taking some more pictures in our pretty yellow leaves.

d I decided we should go out and help Daddy with some yard work...which turned into playing some baseball and taking some more pictures in our pretty yellow leaves.
Not sure what happened to the rest of Friday...it just disappeared into thin air....next thing I knew we were watching for Papa Jeff and Grandma Conni's long awaited arrival. Here are the boys, camped out at the front door in anticipation.
Saturday morning, Dad got to work finishing the installation of the new window...trimming the outside and inside...and Chad and I jumped ship and headed for St. Louis. We had adul
t conversations, did some adult shopping that did not involve toy stores or groceries, had some adult dinner at a place there were no chicken nuggets on the menu, and had some adult drinks. We watched some adult TV...whoa...that didn't sound right....let's rephrase, some NOT Nick Jr. television...(that's better...got stuck on that "adult" thing). After our dinner (and before the TV) we walked a little bit through the old downtown area of St. Charles. It was really cute...reminded me a lot of Lebanon where we went to college, but it was longer than one block. :) We took our picture during the walk, just for you blog readers. Then Chad posed with this statue of Daniel Boone.....which I t
old him was for the blog readers, but he may have had enough Pumpkin Ale that he didn't care. (It's not often you get entertained by Chad here on the blog....enjoy that. ;) We stayed at an Embassy Suites in St. Charles, which we would highly recommend. It was very nice and had a tasty breakfast included in the room price. Bonus! And another CRAZY bonus was I ran into an old friend that I hadn't seen in three years at breakfast this morning. I love it when funny things like that happen!

Saturday morning, Dad got to work finishing the installation of the new window...trimming the outside and inside...and Chad and I jumped ship and headed for St. Louis. We had adul
t conversations, did some adult shopping that did not involve toy stores or groceries, had some adult dinner at a place there were no chicken nuggets on the menu, and had some adult drinks. We watched some adult TV...whoa...that didn't sound right....let's rephrase, some NOT Nick Jr. television...(that's better...got stuck on that "adult" thing). After our dinner (and before the TV) we walked a little bit through the old downtown area of St. Charles. It was really cute...reminded me a lot of Lebanon where we went to college, but it was longer than one block. :) We took our picture during the walk, just for you blog readers. Then Chad posed with this statue of Daniel Boone.....which I t
old him was for the blog readers, but he may have had enough Pumpkin Ale that he didn't care. (It's not often you get entertained by Chad here on the blog....enjoy that. ;) We stayed at an Embassy Suites in St. Charles, which we would highly recommend. It was very nice and had a tasty breakfast included in the room price. Bonus! And another CRAZY bonus was I ran into an old friend that I hadn't seen in three years at breakfast this morning. I love it when funny things like that happen!
Okay....onto a new tradition started TONIGHT at the Kutscher house. Have you seen this Elf on the Shelf thing? One of my friends told me about it last year, and I was on a mission to buy us an elf this weekend. Mission: Accomplished. Here's the deal....you get this book and a little elf. The book tells all about how the elf watches everything that goes on and reports back to Santa every night, then he comes back to our house to sit in a new spot and watch some more. We now have our very own Elf on our Shelf....whom we named Elmer. When I was checking out with it at Books-A-Million, the teenage boy ringing it up, asked what it was. I kinda explained it to him, and his response was "Oh. So it's meant to instill fear." WHAT?! I was a little disturbed by that, but I guess it's a little true. I prefer not to look at it as "fear," but rather a fun little Christmas tradition that helps make the magic of Christmas start a little quicker and last a little longer. Am I wrong? I hope not. I hope my boys don't have nightmares about Elmer the Elf. I guess if you look at him straight in the eyes, he may be a tiny bit creepy. I'll put posts up of Elmer and his "Shelf" posts later.
I know this is long, but I have one more tiny thing.....
I am sad to report this character flaw I have, but I might as well admit it. I h
ave a hard time making exercise and diet a routine part of my life. There it is. I wish I could just say to myself, "Self, it's important that you eat right and exercise on a regular basis. It's good for you," and I would just do it. BUT....I don't. I am one of those shallow people who need something to motivate me. Here's the good news though: I found it today and you're lookin' at it. Maybe you can't really see it very well, but it's an elastic belt with a leather bow from the Limited and I fell in love with it the moment I saw it on the size 2 dummy. It was 40% off, so I brought it home with me, to look at and motivate me to eat better and exercise. As soon as I get to wear it, I'll put a picture of me in it on....my goal: Christmas.
ave a hard time making exercise and diet a routine part of my life. There it is. I wish I could just say to myself, "Self, it's important that you eat right and exercise on a regular basis. It's good for you," and I would just do it. BUT....I don't. I am one of those shallow people who need something to motivate me. Here's the good news though: I found it today and you're lookin' at it. Maybe you can't really see it very well, but it's an elastic belt with a leather bow from the Limited and I fell in love with it the moment I saw it on the size 2 dummy. It was 40% off, so I brought it home with me, to look at and motivate me to eat better and exercise. As soon as I get to wear it, I'll put a picture of me in it on....my goal: Christmas. Alright, I'm wrapping it up here. A couple of videos for you: Landon telling me about why he can't have cereal on the couch anymore....and him showin' off his baseball sluggin' skills. Seriously...this kid is pretty good. Note: Chad is pitching overhand....and this is just one of the many balls he smoked right back at him. I'm gonna go ahead and say that soccer may not be THE sport of Landon's choice...Chad will be okay with that....I mean he's not trying to play football or anything. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment