
I'm so excited to be posting a regular week post again. I was wondering if I'd ever get here again! Now, hmmmm, what to say, what to say....
Well, the big news of the week is, Grant is about to officially become a walker. We went to visit LaVella Thursday night, and it was like as soon as I put him down, he was all about walking everywhere. He doesn't do this at home so much...probably has something to do with all the hardwood and ceramic tile, and then always having socks or jammies covering his piggies. Tends to make things a little bit slippery around our house. He was also all about walking until I got the camera out, and then I had to coax just a few steps out of him. Stinker.
Second topic of conversation, this time change. This time change, as opposed to spring FORWARD, is my favorite. I LOOOOVE getting an extra hour of sleep, and feeling tired and looking up at the clock to see 8:30. There just hasn't been enough of that in my life lately. Chad and I actually got a solid 8 last night,thanks to the newly hitched Scott and Sarah Tucker (congrats you two!) and my lovely in-laws for watching the kiddos while we went to the reception. Chad and I both have been tired all day though. We've decided our bodies aren't used to getting sleep, so now they're really confused and thirsty for more. ;) My goal is to be in bed by ten tonight. That should be d
o-able since I always get there at 11 regularly. See, the time change is just gonna change my life! I say that until Grant wakes up at 4:30 tomorrow morning. I can just see that coming.
Friday night, I put Land-O in his red and white striped jammies, and Chad dressed the G-man in his, too. Yes, they're valentine jammies, but we were in dire straits with the laundry....and they had long sleeves and feet in them so he wore them. I told Landon he matched Olivia, one of his favorite characters from Nick Jr. Chad called him Waldo. Nice. Either way, I threw them in the crib together Saturday morning after chocolate chip muffins and took their picture.
intelligence. I said, "Grant?" to clarify the story. I'm so used to hearing about Landon in that department, Mr. Vocabulary. Poor Grant. He has Landon to follow around. I hope he's got a little smarts in him. ;) Any whoo.....she was talking about a peg puzzle thing that Grant just crawled over to and put together and about how he puts play phones up to his ear and "talks." We've also noticed that he now picks up the remotes for the tv (and all the other contraptions up there) and points them at the television. Here he is playing with his ball-popper, which I hearby endorse as the best 1 year old birthday gift on the face of
the planet. It is THE best. You push the button, it plays music and blows air so the balls pop up through the top hole, then they roll down the little ramp just to pop up again. It blows babies minds...and Landon still plays with it. Yup. Stuff is soaking in. Just waiting on some verbal communication.....We know he can say dada, mama, bub-bub, and yay....but he refuses to say them when you ask. This one isn't going to be a performer like his predecessor. Not interested.
3 comments:
On behalf of all second-born children everywhere I say "yes, thank goodness there were some 'smarts' leftover for us." ;)
....but maybe not too many "smarts," after all! I mean left over, not leftover. Those are in the refrigerator.
Thanks for the love, cuz! That's so sweet!
Post a Comment