Sunday, November 7, 2010

We've Got a Golden Ticket!...the Two Cutest Boys on the Face of the Earth!

Landon decided awhile ago, probably about March or April, that he wanted to be Willy Wonka for Halloween. I was all for it. We discussed what to make Grant. Originally he was going to be a Wonka Bar, then we set out sights on an Oompa Loompa. In September, when the crappy costume catalog arrive, Landon announced he no longer wanted to be Willy Wonka, that he was going to be Batman instead. Wah. Wah. Wah. I put the ka-bosh on that real quick. The way I figure, I only have a certain amount of years where I can make costumes for the boys and they will still think it's cool. Landon's years are numbered. Thus....I give you: Willy Wonka and his Oompa Loompa.

I worked pretty hard on these costumes. I had to be creative. Landon's jacket was made out of two Wal-Mart screened sweatshirts that I turned wrong side and and pieced together. I've never sewn a vest in my entire life, and it's a good thing there was a jacket involved to cover up my not so handy work on that. Also, I'd like to say thank you to the inventers of velcro and hot-glue. Without you, Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompa would have been way harder to put together.

Chad and I took the boys downtown for the Springfield Moms costume contest. You may recall us hauling two cute little birds down there a couple of years ago. We invited Charli to come along again this year, but with the very new arrival of her little brother, they declined...and I don't blame them one bit.

There's a danger in telling this little story that goes along with the costume contest, because I don't want to come off as a complainer and a poor sport, but I'm going to tell it anyway, hoping you know me well enough to know that I'm neither. I got in line to register the boys...which were in two different age categories, 0-2 and 3-6. I signed Landon in, and then the lady says, well, they kinda go together. Do you wanna leave them together? To which I answered, yes! I don't need to walk across the stage twice. Once is plenty. She says, okay, just go ahead and go with 3-6 then since you've already signed in there. I say okay, sounds good. Well, we get up on the stage, and the annoncer who is announcing all of the costumes as they walk across...."and we have a princess, a mailman, etc." Gets to us, look straight at me and says, "Again, this category is for ages THREE to SIX." Then proceeds to announce the costume behind us. Which brings me to the end of the story, where I say, I don't care they didn't win, but that was rude. Landon is NEARLY FOUR. I was in the RIGHT PLACE. And I worked hard enough on those costumes that we deserved a "and here's Willy Wonka with his Oompa Loompa." How hard would that have been? It really bothered me that the guy thought I was a cheater. He clearly thought I just missed the 0-2 category and thought I'd parade my kids across the stage anyway. (insert huffy breath here) How rude.

Okay, letting that go now...How about this adorable picture of Landon and Abby, the pirate princess? I should mention I lifted a lot of these pics off of Kelly's Snapfish account, because she got way better pictures. Probably because I was wrestling and Oompa Loompa most of the time instead of snapping pics.

We only made a few select Trick or Treat stops. Stop #1...David and Cindy's (our pastor and son of LaVella), #2 LaVella (but she wasn't home), #3 Uncle Don and Aunt Deanna's (where we woke Christie up from sleeping off her night shift at the hospital...sorry bout that again, Christie), #4 our house, so I could get the flippin memory stick for the camera since I left it in the computer AGAIN, #5 our new sitter Pam's house (where we also saw Steve, her husband, and one of Landon's new favorite people. That's Pam to the right with the boys), and #6 Grandpa and Grandma's (where we made one side stop to the Stephen's house).










































Once the kiddos shed their costumes, they enjoyed a horsey ride from Grandma Chris and our sugar high ended for the night, with one crashed boy in the carseat on the way home, and the other who went down without a fight.....which NEVER happens.
OOOOH yeah, one more pic that I didn't mention. Check out my little super model here on the left. I've expanded my baby biz, folks. Check it. If you have a little girl, or one to buy gifts for, I'd be pleased to help you out. (wink, wink) Those ribbons on the bottoms of the jeans, are velcroed on so you can change them to match different outfits. I made the shirt and hair bow, too. I've got a new site....
There's not a whole lot on it yet, but it's a work in progress.

Okay, I leave you with an entertaining video of Landon coming back to the car from trick or treating....he did this at EVERY stop (yeah, all five of them, I know...;) He walked like Willy Wonka walks when he first appears in the movie. Gene Wilder, not freaky Johnny Depp. That movie was just disturbing. Anyway, I stopped Chad from using his "grumpy" voice at Landon about walking like this AGAIN, ad caught some video footage.
I'd now like to end by saying:
Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha-Cha! The blog is all caught up-AH! Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha-Cha! The blog is all caught up-AH! And for your information, I AM doing a little dance right now. I have been behind on this thing since like July. Look at me go!! Now I can just do my weekly posts like I used to....but don't hold me to it. ;0) I'm a busy lady ya know.

1 comment:

Beth Cooper said...

Wow! Love the costumes! Adorable!