Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Personal Kind of Boo!

It's no secret that I love to make things with the kids' handprints and footprints. I don't know why I'm obsessed with them, but I am.....you know what...scratch that....I know why. They're little hands and piggie prints are just so darn cute! And I know they won't be this cute forever, so I am exploiting their cuteness into keepsakes that will last. When these boys are 15 and 18 and going through $400 of groceries every week...it'll be a nice little reminder of days past....when they only cost $400 every TWO weeks to feed and diaper. ;)


So I modified this little project straight from first grade. We make "handy" calendars every year for parents as a Christmas gift. Every month we make a seasonal/holiday picture out of their handprints. My first year, I just traced their hands and hand them cut them out, because I was new and that's how everybody else did it. Then last year, I decided to take it up a notch and paint their little hands and then have them cut them out. Yeah, it takes WAAAAAAY longer, but it's that much cuter, too. I decided to make a little holiday decoration for us...and the fam...and did the same thing with the boys for October, except I did it in on a 6" ceramic tile. Here's Landon painting the tiles black, and then him making his handprint ghost.

I didn't even try the hand with Grant. It would've been a flippin disaster. We painted his foot and made it into a ghost. Funny thing though, his foot is as big as Landon's hand. This one may be our linebacker.


Add a little wiggly eyes, a craft stick fence and some 3-D pumpkin stickers, and voi-la! Personal gift for Halloween. I'm giving full permission to anyone to steal this idea...I did....it wasn't mine. I just adapted it and made it mine. Dog owners, you could make puppy prints and that would be super cute too. I was thinking if I did this for a few years I may put like four tiles in a frame and have a hanging for our front door or elsewhere....More holiday hand/footprint ideas to come.

Until then, Boo! from the Kutscher boy fingers and piggies!


.....oh....and apologies to Great Grandma Ruf (Ruth), Great Grandpa Forrest, and Great Grandma Linda for having to see their gift for the first time on the blog instead of in person. I promise to get you a November tile in a little more timely manner. I'm afraid to ship these babies...have to wait for an in-person delivery.







2 comments:

Michael said...

Hey there, crazy American.....it's "voila!", french for "See there!" :-)

Megan said...

Fine. Fixed it. Thanks for helping me out, you international guru. (seriously, thanks. I don't like lookin like a dumb bunny)