Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas Catalogs

It's not often that I stray from the regular Kutscher happenings, but I have just a little pondering here to share....
As of late our mailbox has been bursting at it's poor little metal riveted seams with Christmas catalogs, only half of which are even addressed to anyone who lives in this house. They have brought some good shopping ideas....well, a few of them. The rest of them, well, they're just entertaining. I hope I don't offend anyone here, but seriously? I can't believe some of these catalogs. Here are the lowlights, or the highlights, depending on if you're looking for actual products to buy or entertainment.


First off:
As We Change...Feel Better, Look Better, Live Better
Now I'm automatically turned off by the title. Even if I have "changed" which is just an attempt to say "aged" without saying it, I don't want to buy anything from a company titled that. Then I opened the catalog. There were some things that I thought, oh yeah, I could definitely see some positives to owning a ____. (lovely lift brief, purse organizer, tummy tuck jean, etc.) Then there were a few more products that I questioned.....like....












WHOOOO would use hair curlers this big?!?!





And...WHOOOO would use a cushion to prevent wrinkles on their chest?! I mean, maybe I haven't "changed" enough for this to be an issue, or maybe gravity isn't gonna be as hard on me since I haven't been "blessed" in this area, but what the?!
Then we have the Monastery Icons catalog....addressed to me. How the heck did I get on their list? I know this catalog would be super useful to me....if I were a priest....or possibly maybe Catholic.....but I don't plan on decking our halls with framed prints of the apostles with mustard yellow backgrounds. All due respect to the apostles, but hmmmm.....

There have been several toy catalogs, which always brings entertainment....Landon picks something off of each page that he wants, so it's really hard to know if he really likes something or if he just thinks it's unwritten rule that you MUST pick something off each page. Grant thoroughly enjoys ripping the pages out of each and every catalog within his reach.

Never has getting the mail been so entertaining!

If anyone wants to borrow As We Change or Monastery Icons, I'll be happy to help you out. ;)

2 comments:

Sara B said...

I'm thinking the Monestary Icons is definitely something I could get into. Maybe I could borrow it when your done. :)

Bob and LouAnne said...

I would use rollers that big.