Sunday, November 7, 2010

Abby's 2nd Birthday



Well, "our Abby, Abby-Gail" as Landon calls her, as to not confuse her with other Abbys, turned 2 on October 22!

As per her "thing" of the moment, the party was in Blue's Clues. I remember the days when Landon first started showing interest in TV, and Blue's Clues was his favorite, too. There really are worse favorites a little person could choose. It is a pretty cute little show.

Here she is in her "2" shirt and bow that I made her. How cute is she?!?! Seriously!

You know the trickiest thing about the 2nd birthday party? I'm sure you're dying to know...I'm gonna tell ya. When a kid is two they're old enough to realize that they want to PLAY with what they open, and they don't UNDERSTAND, that lots of people are there to watch them OPEN the gifts, NOT to play with them. That's hard!! Abby took some distracting on a few gifts. I think that's a compliment really. If she stopped on your gift and wanted to play, you done good. ;) She made it through all the unwrapping. Through no fault of Abby...Grant did not. :) He made a full recovery though, and had a ball swatting balloons with Papa during cake eating time.








Here's Landon with Abby's summer time sitter, Maureen. She also plays with Landon at the soccer field a lot, and is the little sister of one of Chad's former goalies.















Here's Abby enjoying a cookie, before gift unwrapping...and then her showing me her fingers. UGH!!! Somebody get a wet wipe! We got Abby a baby doll stroller, some outfits and some books. We're hoping she can get some good practice in with that baby doll stroller. Because, ya know, she's gonna have a new role come April....BIG SISTER!!!! Oh yeah, here's Mehring Family of Three....soon to become Mehring Family of FOUR! Happy Birthday Abby-Gail and Congrats, Kelly and Scott!!!







No comments: