Sunday, October 31, 2010

Landon's Catch Up Post



It seems like in the last six months, Landon has gone from a toddler to a little boy. He's always had the art of conversation down....since he was like 2. But he's picked up some other stuff as of late. It's hard to put my finger on what exactly it is, but here's what I can tell you.

He now has a sense of humor: He was telling me the other day about a little boy in his class who cries at school. I asked him if he helped the teachers and played with the little boy to try to make him feel better. He said, with a priceless look on his face, "Nah. Mom, I'm not a good helper." I said, "What?!" He says, with appropriate expression, "I'm just kiddin', Mom!" and giggled his growly laugh.

He is really getting into tv shows and movies. Which is not necessarily a great thing, but it does serve as a means to amaze us with his memory. The kid can recite entire conversations of characters on TV shows. I don't know how many times we hear, "Hey Mom/Dad, do you remember on (insert movie/tv show here) when (insert character here) said (insert quote here), and then so and so said this, and then he said this and they were like this. Usually we reply, uh, yeah, I guess I do remember that. He also applies these shows and movies to his life. Example: he watched part of Waterboy the other day, I know, maybe not our shining moment as parents, but there's a scene where the Waterboy (Adam Sandler) scores a touchdown to win the game, and the announcer asks him if he has anything to say, and he says, "I love my mama!" Landon was playing basketball downstairs awhile ago. He was giving the play by play....last seconds of the game....he shoots, he scores...you know. Then he says, "I LOVE MY MAMA!" Hysterical. It's not really a stretch either...he's a self-proclaimed Mama's boy. He'd rather play sports with Dad, (because as he's told me...I'm not very good), but I'm the one who has to read the bed time story, I'm the one that has to brush his teeth, I'm the one who has to get his juice, I'm the one that has to do the puzzles, etc. You may be feeling bad for Chad right now, and it's okay to have a small amount of sympathy for him, but don't feel too bad. Seriously, sometimes it's not that great to be the only one allowed to pour his milk. :) But sometimes, it makes me feel like a million bucks. Plus, I think Grant's gonna be a Daddy's boy....he already says, "da-da-da-da" when he's upset. (normally that's when I make him mad by asking him to do something ridiculous, like give me the rock he put in his mouth. )

Speaking of bed time stories, Landon is so much fun to read with now. He's like a little sponge. He doesn't forget anything and he has so much fun with books. Sometimes it'll get quiet in the house, and I'll find him in his room, amidst a pile of books, just reading to himself, or Grant. Grant's usually eating a book, too, but Landon is totally enthralled with stories. Here's his favorite pumpkin book. He practically has it memorized and was quoting it while we were pumpkin shopping.

Landon likes being my "little chef." Which surprisingly enough came from a movie...He loves Ratatouille and pretends to be Remy all the time. This has been going on for at least a year. We made cut out sugar cookies for the first time for Halloween. He was actually really good with the rolling pin and loved cutting the cookies out.


He's loving school still, which is a huge blessing. And for the first time, the past few weeks he's actually shown interest in drawing and coloring. I was so proud of the pumpkin he drew inside one of our sitter's Halloween cards. And he wrote his name all by himself! BEAMING TEACHER MOM!







Here he is decked out in his jack-o-lantern shirt ready to head to school on Halloween party day. They made these shirts at school, and they are adorable! I was a little disappointed in myself that I didn't take the time to get him one that was a little smaller, but hey, this means next year he can wear it again. We went to open house at his school last week, too. So I made him pose by his "Leaf Man." He's getting quite good at posing, too.

Okay, a few videos...one is a little long, but it's of him talking to Grandma Chris on the phone before they left for their vacation to Florida. Then there's one of him writing his name and a super short one that is HILARIOUS. He's saying, "awkward" if you can't hear him. OH. MY. GOODNESS. this kid.










No comments: