
So Landon started school the first week of September. This is technically his second time around in the threes class, but last year he started in February. (after he turned three...duh...probably didn't need to explain that) We could've tried him in the fours class this year, which meets three mornings a week instead of two, but we decided to leave him in the threes. We wanted him to go with the kids he would go to kindergarten with. We were SOOO fortunate to have the Mommy of Landon's good buddy, Creighton, offer to pick him up from LaVella's and take him to school each Tuesday and Thursday...and she's turned out to be much more of a lifesaver even than we knew then.
October 1 was a day that ended an era. LaVella retired from her position as queen mother of baby-sitters. I know the decision was so tough for her to make, but because of health concerns we all know it was for the best. Plus, like I told her, if you do ANYTHING for 45 years, you DESERVE to retire...and celebrate it! We were blessed to have her to care for our boys for three years, and she will forever be irreplacable. Since Vella hung up her baby toting hip, we were in a quick search for people to dump our boys off on. ;) And Creighton's Mommy stepped up
to the plate for us big time. She's done some filling in, along with another friend of ours and got us covered the past two weeks. And as of now, she's planning on keeping the boys on Tuesdays and Thursdays for us, until she has no hair left or it's all turned gray. Creighton has three brothers of his own....um....yeah....Two of them are in school though. But that still leaves FOUR, count 'em, FOUR boys for her to chase two days a week. She's a brave, brave, woman. And BOY, are we grateful....get it..."BOY!" I'm cracking myself up...
to the plate for us big time. She's done some filling in, along with another friend of ours and got us covered the past two weeks. And as of now, she's planning on keeping the boys on Tuesdays and Thursdays for us, until she has no hair left or it's all turned gray. Creighton has three brothers of his own....um....yeah....Two of them are in school though. But that still leaves FOUR, count 'em, FOUR boys for her to chase two days a week. She's a brave, brave, woman. And BOY, are we grateful....get it..."BOY!" I'm cracking myself up...A couple of weeks ago, there was a little picnic at school, and it actually fell during my lunch, so I got to go! Here's Landon and Creighton at the picnic...which I should mention, was the hottest day of the entire month of September. BUT it wasn't raining, so bonus!


Landon had to have a scrapbook page like last year to add to their class book. Each student gets a turn bringing home the book to look at their friends' pages. I, of course, being the overbooked procrastinator that I am, did it the night before and was forced to use some of the pictures from the previous year because I was throwing it together last minute. It still turned out cute, though.
Some highlights:
His favorite thing to play: baseball.
His favorite book: Bear Feels Sick.
His favorite food: muffins. (that's a new one, too...more on a different post about that)


No comments:
Post a Comment