Saturday we made our annual trip to the Country Market to pick our pumpkins. It was 90 degrees on Saturday here, which made it not seem like fall. Kind of a downer. The experience isn't as "fall" as going to an actual pumpkin patch anyway, mostly because of the traffic on the major street right beside the market...but you do what ya gotta do...and during soccer season, the Kutschers normally don't have a day to hike it out to a pumpkin
patch. Maybe when the boys get older, I'll brave it and go by myself, but with these two right now, the Country Market will have to suffice. The Country Market is one of those places that when I do go in it, I wonder why I don't go more often. (and then I remember that time issue again.) If I were a domestic goddess, like I'm so craving to be right now, the people in there would know me by name. They've got all kinds of products from the Amish, fresh baked goods, fresh produce, old fashioned candy....you know, one of those places. It just smells good and has a good feel to it. Wish I could wake up one morning, and say, "I think I'll bake an apple pie today. Let's go to the Country Market and get some fresh apples." Maybe someday...
.Regardless of my feelings toward the Country Market, the boys had a great time choosing their pumpkins. Well, Landon chose the pumpkins, Grant tried to put everything small enough he could lift in his mouth. If I would've had the camera ready you would've got to see a gourd hanging out of his mouth. Yuck. The kid is quick....and has oral fixations. He is also to the age where getting him to look at a camera is nearly impossible. He's much, much too busy.

Here's Landon's sweaty little face by one of the bins of pumpkins, evidently grown by the Weckwerths? I didn't notice that until I uploaded the pictures....hmmmm...

And here's Grant, attempting to pick up his first pumpkin. I sat him in the bin to take his picture, but it was short lived. Chad spied a giganto spider in there, so we pulled him out before getting a good pic. Darn. I guess it's not worth a spider bite.
And here's Landon, posing so nicely again, next to the "big" pumpkins. Grant was looking until I snapped the picture. Here's his cute little tushy though. This is the spot we picked out one of our pumpkins that we're extremely proud of. I'm making a nice fall backdrop on our front porch for his unveiling. You'll see him soon, I promise. And don't act like you're not on the edge of your seat! 

Got a short little video of Grant...with the zooming traffic in the background. :)
1 comment:
I can't wait for Grant to talk. I think he's going to have some insightful comments. Love that squishy baby face!
Post a Comment