
Last part of the Vocation blogs...promise. So the highlight of the trip (for me at least) was our visit to the Butterfly Palace. It may have been a little pricy to get in, but hey, we were on vocation! We decided to go to the Butterfly Palace because it was something to do and it was INDOORS. Did I mention it was hot on our vacation? Oh yeah, probably a couple of times....sorry. So the Butterfly Palace trip started out with Landon's first 3-D movie, on the life cycle of insects. Here are Landon and Daddy modeling their glasses for me. Grant and I saw the first five minutes of the fifteen minute video before I had to take the child out because he was LOUD. Sigh. What can you do...
After the video, they let us into this rainforest like green house that was FULL of butterflies. It was super cool. Andy had talked to someone at the pool at our condo about visiting here. He told him to wear a hat because they'll land in your hair and to wear bright colors because the butterflies would be more attracted to you. We put Landon in bright yellow and
hoped for the best. AND....it paid off. We weren't in there two minutes before one was on his head.
hoped for the best. AND....it paid off. We weren't in there two minutes before one was on his head. They also had magnifying glasses, which Landon was pumped about. He investigated lots of things, including Grant. If you're looking for a gift for Landon in December (when he gets all his gifts ;) a magnifying glass may be a good idea. (now watch, he'll get 15! )


They had some super cool butterfly feeders, which really were bright colored glass bowls with sugar water and a colored rubber sponge in them. But the butterflies sure seemed to love
them. I don't normally put pictures of anything that AREN'T my children on this blog, but you're goi
ng to have to stomach some butterfly pictures because I just can't resist. I mean seriously! How pretty are these butterflies!!! I hope someday we have a girl so I can put butterflies in her room! I guess I could
put them in the boys' rooms, but that may raise some eyebrows. 










No comments:
Post a Comment