
Our "Hol-Tel" was actually a condo in a golf resort. And as luck would have it, we had a playground and a pool right outside our door.
Our goals for this vacation were a) get away from home and b) relax and hang out with friends. I know, not really high expectations, but then you're setting yourself up NOT to be disappointed right? We definitely weren't. We did a lot of relaxing and hanging at the "Hol-Tel" as Landon called it. Here are Landon, Grant, and Annabelle on the first night.


I've also learned, and Annabelle is just another example of this rule...that first children are more sensitive to loud noises than children later in birth order. Landon was (and still is) super sensitive....hates fireworks, loud applause, parades....you've seen the evidence here on the blog. Annabelle is a Landon in the making. Grant, however, LOVES....LIVES to make LOUD noises. The kid will just be sitting perfectly still and quiet, and then just let loose an "AAAAAHHHH!"
I never really noticed how loud Grant is until our "vocation" when I was constantly "shhh-ing" him. For the first three days, Annabelle wasn't sure what to think of either one of the boys. From her point of view, it had to be, "you just never know when one of these rough boys is gonna be in my face or yelling. I'm not sure about boys." Right on, Annabelle. You remember that, sweetie. Here's Grant...probably yelling....and Annabelle, not sure what to think.
I never really noticed how loud Grant is until our "vocation" when I was constantly "shhh-ing" him. For the first three days, Annabelle wasn't sure what to think of either one of the boys. From her point of view, it had to be, "you just never know when one of these rough boys is gonna be in my face or yelling. I'm not sure about boys." Right on, Annabelle. You remember that, sweetie. Here's Grant...probably yelling....and Annabelle, not sure what to think. As the week went on though, she started to find them more entertaining. Here they are all playing around the coffee table. Landon gave Annabelle the giggles playing with his Wall-E figurines we bought at the Disney store. For some reason, "Hold! Hold! Hold!" is absolutely hilarious. Not sure where it came from or why, but it is what it is.





Also worth mentioning....the person who invented the Baby Einstein videos is the luckiest person in the world. For those of you who have not had the privilege of viewing one of these masterpieces (I say that sarcastically) it seriously looks like something any one of us could've made in our basement, but it has hypnotic powers over babies. I mean what the???! Look at these two. They sat like this for 15 minutes. That's a long time when you're 8 months old.





No comments:
Post a Comment