Apparently early mornings and flash photography make Grant squinty. :)
Here's the birthday boy on the morning of his big day with his birthday muffin. :)
And here are the answers to his 20 question birthday interview of favorites....and my commentary, because of course I know you would be disappointed if I didn't comment. :)
favorite color: blue (probably just because it's Landon's. We're in 'little brother mode' still)
favorite toy: PlayMobil (He plays a ton with his PlayMobil soccer set! And since I'm actually writing this in ahem, February, I can also mention that Santa brought Grant the PlayMobil police station, police car, and police helicopter, which is also seeing some serious play time from both boys)
movie: Rio2 (because we just rented it)
tv show: "Scungebob" (no that's not a typo. That's how he says it and I LOVE it. I'm sure that will end very soon, as well as his mispronunciation of Germany as Gernamy. :( :( . And really, the kid NEVER watches Spongebob. I'm perplexed by this answer! He watches PAW Patrol, Team UmiZoomi, and because he's the little brother Jessie, more than ANY of us would like to admit)
game: Wii sports...probably too. Wii time is limited around here, and in Grant's world it has become especially limited as of late, due to Landon's new love of Mario Sports Mix and Grant's terror of one of the characters. He refuses to set foot in the basement until he knows who Landon's 'versing' at the time and he doesn't stay long down there. :( In the games sans screens category he's a big fan of Zingo.
| "oh wait...take a picture with my birthday crown from school on" |
snack: ice cream. Legit answer.
animal: puppy (So true. Sigh. This boy would really love to have a dog. He asked the other day if we could please get a baby at our house...or a dog? And then followed it with, ummm, how bout just a dog.)
book: Pigeon Drives the Bus (yes! Love all the pigeon books. And his love of Pigeon has led us to Piggie and Elephant whom he loves more than Pigeon. He also has received all three characters in plush form for his birthday/Christmas and drags them everywhere. If you've got a little someone to sit on your lap to read to, Mo Willems can't be missed. I promise you'll enjoy it as much as the little someone on your lap)
drink: orange juice (WHAT?!?! I honestly don't know if he's every HAD orange juice. I'd say the real answer is water...which makes me so happy....or grape soda...which doesn't, and also could be attributed to big brother)
holiday: summer (amen, buddy. Amen. We're still a little confused on ways to measure time. Holidays, seasons, months, they all run together for our freshly five year old mind)
eat for breakfast: pancakes (yes...and Muffins and chocolate chip Eggo waffles. Yep. Haven't gotten any better about letting my kids eat crap for breakfast. :/)
when you grow up: baseball
pitcher (not surprising! This kid is a baseball lover...and really just sports in general. He's constantly playing with some kind of ball with Landon or on his own. He's definitely got some athletic ability, which I'm sure he'll thank me for later. HA!)
to do with Daddy: wrestle (ugh. true....and dare I type it, no stitches for anyone up to this point)
to do with Landon: play Legos (true again...when Landon permits him to. Legos cause a lot of big brother/little brother drama in this house)
to do with Mommy: snuggle (eeeeeee! melt my heart. That's true too. He is SO snuggly and lovey)
best friend: Lauren (also true! And let me tell you....they are QUITE. THE. PAIR.)
best thing about preschool at Good Shepherd: books (AWE!!! Love that answer, too)
So for his birthday, Grant got a big boy bike!...
...so he can ride....just like Landon. <3 p="">
3>
And we were very eager to try it out.
...our first crash....which we didn't even whimper about. :)
Then we had a birthday boy dinner at Freddy's!....with ice cream of course!
...and a Grandpa and Grandma
...and the other Grandpa and Grandma called while we were there!
Grant was feelin' the love I tell ya. Happy 5th birthday, sweet boy! We're so proud of you and blessed to be your mommy and daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment