Sunday, September 16, 2012

September Whirlwind!

So this is my last post of catch up and then I'm hoping I'll be back to my weekly posts....it's been QUITE some time since I've tried that.  We'll see...

So yes...Grant....Grant is now in the 'dangerous while unsupervised' stage, especially if you throw markers at accessible levels.  This happens to be the supplemental insurance folder distributed by the district office that was left on the coffee table for discussion.  We were lucky that there were TWO of us who work in the district or we would've needed additional forms I'm afraid.  And he's very remorseful as you can see.  mmmhmmm.

Landon's fall season is in full swing, although it seems like it's only able to rain here on Fridays and two of his last 3 weeks have been rained out.  We were grateful for the last rain out, however, because Landon ended up with a touch of a tummy bug that's been spreading like wildfire through his kindergarten room.  We spent the evening holding the trash can for him instead of watching him run on the soccer field.  Ick.  The Destroyers are rockin' the light blue this season.  I'm a fan.
Grant could care less that I'm at the games...he'd rather sit with Tressa...and her iPhone.  

Labor Day weekend Uncle Gary, Aunt Maria, Nicholas and Nathan were here.  We had fun visiting with them and catching up, and we also made an earth shattering discovery.  The boy who screams as if he's being murdered during a haircut does shed a tear if there's an iPad in front of him.  Are you seeing a theme here?  iPhone, iPad...ugh.  :) Aunt Maria started trimming around his ears while he was taking in a little Fruit Ninja action and what do ya know...not a peep.  So a few days later, I put my school iPad in front of him and get the clippers out, and voila!  No tears!  So maybe by Christmas we can graduate from the military buzz cut back to a regular cut...we definitely should be owners of iPhones by then...and really the peace with the haircut situation is reason enough to upgrade I think....without even considering we haven't updated our phones for over two years.  ;)








Nathan and Grant, Landon and Nicholas taking in some Disney Channel

And some random, 'I wanna take a picture, Mom' shots'  And then when ya start, you can't leave anyone out!


Celebrating Cousin Lisa's birthday



Cousin time can wear a guy out...



Hey!  It's a Kutscher Boy Stair Step!


And Grandma couldn't be prouder!


Ya gotta snap your pics quick though...these guys are on the move!




Okay, and I know you probably don't really care about all of the painting I've done this summer, and I won't bore you with ALL the rooms, but I am pretty pumped about this room. Here's our laundry room 'before'...and those wire shelves weren't my faves.  Didn't hold a whole lot, very difficult for a petite little flower like me to reach ;)  nowhere to fold (mostly because I didn't put the detergent and what not back on shelf because of aforementioned height issue), and not a horrible color, but not my taste.


Me+Chad+Phil+Phil's Tools+Pinterest=laundry room bliss!  :)  And yes those are individual laundry baskets for each member of the family against the far wall. THAT is a laundry room.  ;)  I'm excited...no pressure though...you really don't have to be.  :)  

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love the laundry basket idea! I've had that blog pinned for quite a while and I need to make it happen, too! :)