Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! (forget about Christmas...this is where it's at)

It's officially Fall...my favorite time of year!  The air is crisp, we had soup this week, and I may have been over eager, but I busted out my boots to wear.  Enough with the sandals.   We had a busy and super fun week and weekend.  

The Blue Crayon table won quiet critters this week for being the first table to fill up their quiet stickers chart.  Landon's quiet critter is named 'Fuzzy' and has a red baseball cap just like the Cardinals.  Creighton's quiet critter is 'Cha-Cha' and has a hat like a magician at the circus.  He is also 'Fuzzy's' Dad.  Fyi.

Fuzzy attended the Rocket soccer game with us on Thursday night, where the kids got to experience a little piece of European soccer when the section of German exchange students did some soccer chanting and singing.  The boys, as you can see, were very entertained.  They were also very tired when we got home from running around like monkeys.  Enjoyable for all.

And in other news, Landon learned how to snap this week.  This is important and needs to be acknowledged and documented I feel.  :)

You'll never believe it, but it rained on Friday.  (seriously...the only day of the week it's capable of raining.  3 of Landon's games have been rained on.  But we played this one on wet grass and toughed it out)  And here's a picture worth framing that Tressa snapped of our soccer buddies.  How adorable is this?!??!  After the game Landon went to Jayden's birthday party and we ran to Applebee's to grab something to eat.

While at Applebees, Grant did some coloring, which he's really starting to get in to.  His favorite thing to do is to have someone trace his hand.  And incident #462 that makes this kid a hoot.... After tracing his hand he gave Chad the crayon, said, 'make my nose' and put his face down on the paper.  HI. LAR. I. OUS.
Make my nose, Dad
 On Saturday morning Mom and Dad came up.  We haven't seen them for awhile....especially Papa.  The boys were having withdrawals.  We made a trip to the Apple Barn to take in some fall air, pumpkins and mums.  We even came home with two new members of the family.  Stacy and Darlene now adorn our front step.  (they're mums....and I didn't make up their names, that's for real what their pots say...I DID however, find it very enjoyable they were named)  I'm sure you'll get to see a front step pic in the near future.


Mums, Mums....Bros, Bros.  


 This was our attempt to get a picture of the three of us together, but Grant was doing his regular, 'I'm not cooperative posing for pictures...unless someone chases me down and pins me' bit.  And the someone this time was Papa.  So the posed pic you're only gettin' me and my big boy.
I would also like to say thank you to my friend and hair
dresser, Jennifer, for my new 'fall' color and for
coaching me through my new bangs style this week.
And in my defense, it's windy in this picture 



Okay, I WILL stand still for this one if you're letting me pick a pumpkin.  You win this one.  
 We bought some other goodies, including an apple cider slushy, then we walked across the street to check out the corn maze!  Here we have our guide, Grant, pointing out a track for us.  I believe he said it was a 'beebee track.'  And he may have been onto something, because about 3 turns later, we snuck up on someone in the maze that scared the bejeebies out of us...and him...and it wasn't a beebee.  :)  It was a deer.  Holy smokes, my heart about jumped out of my chest.



Tour Guide Grant wasn't rattled though.  Press on!  Follow me people!



Hey!  We made it!!
 And another celebration, I smooth talked Landon into trying a sip of the Apple Cider slushy, and he went for it!  (and I didn't get another sip of my slushy...hmmmmm, maybe I didn't think that out very well)
Love this pic of Landon....Looks more like his Daddy everyday I think
 Saturday evening we grilled out and then started working on a little project that will be known as Landon's Kindergarten Homecoming Wagon.  I can't divulge details yet on this one....you'll have to tune in next week to see parade pics.  (I've got ya right where I want ya....on the edge of your seat...I just know it)

 Sunday we had slept in, had a little breakfast casserole, stayed in our jammies, and did some reading with Grandma, and playing outside before bidding Papa and Grandma adieu.   And thus, I bid you adieu as well....I'm starting Insanity again this week...because while I welcome the return of fall, I do NOT welcome the return of the roll around my stomach.  Boooooo!!  Time to spend some more time with my other man, Shaun T.  (don't know how I'll do it without you, Kristi.  :( )



No comments: