Sunday, September 9, 2012

Official Kindergartener


Landon was super pumped for the first day of school.  I've never seen him get up and ready so quickly!  Chad and I were impressed!  We didn't know he had it in him!  He was ready a good 20 minutes before it was time to leave.  He even was cooperative through the first day of school photo shoot.  ;)





This is our 'new smile' since the jumping on the bed tooth accident.  I hope this phases out before school picture day.  Ugh.  


 Grant went to Lindsay's the first day of school....picture that later.  :)  I was afraid he was going to cry (like he has done a lot in the past) when I got ready to leave him, but he was so excited to see Wyatt, Wade, and Kal he had his shoes off and was headed upstairs before I could even get in a good-bye kiss.  Nice!

 Since he was so excited I had been too...people kept asking if I was sad, and I kept saying no!  He was sooo ready to go!  But about here....when I saw him walking ahead of me up the sidewalk is when I started to feel more overwhelmed at how fast the last five years had gone than excited.   And yes...isn't it ridiculous how many bags I carry back and forth from school?!  My shadow looks like a teeny tiny head carrying 50 bags!
 On his way down from the first grade hall to the kindergarten hall...
 ...watching the kids starting to come in the front doors.  It was here where I tried to say 'have a good day' and I choked out 'have...fun' before I had to kiss him and shooo him away...and then quickly pull myself together as Mrs. Kutscher instead of Mommy!  :)
 ...and after school, being my good helper, after he kicked off his shoes of course.  :)  That's usually the first thing I do after bus duty too...especially since the no flip flop rule has been put in place.  
And after the first day....we. were. tired.  :)
Short video of me waking him up...not sure if you'll be able to see much...it's pretty dark.  
But his 'kindergarten' coming out was too adorable not to post.  

No comments: