Monday, July 6, 2009

Celebrating our Independence from Great Britain....and from doing dishes in the bath tub!


What a week! Late again with the blog, but after fireworks last night, I didn't have a good blog entry in me. :) This year was Landon's first firework experience. We didn't take him last year because a) they were rained out and rescheduled for a later date and we lost the patriotic go to the fireworks when it's time for bed feeling and b.) we knew he'd be hysterical. Well he wasn't hysterical this year, but it depends on who asks if he liked the fireworks or not. Here he is with Grandma, clinging for dear life with the full ear plug on the whole entire show. He didn't cry or scream though, so we'll consider the outing a success.


So back to the beginning of the week.....Monday was Landon's first trip to the library. He wasn't really impressed with the books, but he loved the Lego table and kitchen set there. I picked out two books for him, which when we got in the car, he was really interested in. Silly Sally (by Audrey Wood) and Toot and Puddle (by Holly Hobbie). He LOVED the books. We read them over and over this week. Toot and Puddle is the book the TV series is based on I assume....two pigs, best friends, one travels, one stays home. Landon's favorite part was Puddle's line, "I like mud!" which he repeated over and over in a funny voice and cracked us up so much that he cracked himself up. After we read Silly Sally three times, he had the thing down. Here he is reading the story with Grandma later in the week. (I do actually know he's not reading it....but we're all proud and impressed none the less).




On Tuesday, we picked up a new double stroller from the Tuckers. Landon and Abby were equally pleased with the smooth ride, and Mommy and Daddy were both grateful to have a stroller to contain both of them, that didn't cost us 2oo buckeroos. THANK YOU TUCKERS!



Our good friends Andrew and Lacy got married Friday afternoon. Chad was an usher in the wedding. It was a very nice ceremony and a fun reception. Here we are outside the church, departing for the reception....well, departing for our house to drop Landon off with Mom and Dad first technically. I have to put this picture of Lacy and Landon up, and feel I should apologize to the groom that he evidently wasn't the first one to get his hands on his bride on their wedding day. Here's Landon spreading more of his charm with Charli. Charli's dad was also an usher in the wedding. The last picture is of Chad being the first in Andrew's dollar dance line. Ahhh....how sweet, but as an elderly man on the dance floor told the boys, "they don't do that in our state, but they do in Iowa." Pretty witty for a man of 85ish.




Mom and Dad came up Friday morning and kicked butt in the kitchen. They spent the night Friday night and watched Landon during the wedding reception. Upon our return they were rudely awakened by a ruckus outside. We pulled into the driveway at midnight and the garage door was up. We got out of the car and started walking in the garage. I being the clutz that I am, decided I should light the way because of all the good stuff in the garage so I hit the unlock button on the car again so the headlights would come on. A reflection caught my eye, and I took a step back and told Chad there was a dumb cat in our garage. Um....it wasn't a cat. It was one of our masked bandit raccoon friends. Chad decided to grab a shovel (which I contribute to bad judgement effected by liquid courage), I ran to the front door. Luckily the raccoon ran up in our attic and didn't jump on Chad's head. He left on his own will sometime during the night. Sneaky little buggers. Probably the same one who was in our landscaping pond earlier in the week, toppled over the pump and drained all the water into the rocks. Probably the same one who broke into our house a year ago and headed down the hall to bid us good morning. He's a friendly little varmit.




Saturday we worked on the kitchen ALL day and Saturday night we all were exhausted. Larry came over on Sunday and finished the sink and dishwasher, so as of July 5.....I HAVE AN OPERATIONAL KITCHEN! YA-HOO! Here's a couple of pictures. The chief plumber and his assistant, me holding down the counter top so it could be installed earlier in the week, and some where we are now pictures. I'll add more detailed ones when we get the backsplash up.









Sunday night was the fireworks that I had at the beginning of the post, and today was my 4 month check up with my doctor. Here's the first baby bump picture to appear on the blog. I was surprised to hear that my blood pressure was low, especially after this last week of kitchen work and that I've gained a total of 5 pounds. Sure feels like a heavy 5, but I'll take it! The heart rate was 140....much slower than Landon's ever was, and as a rule boys are slow. Maybe this WILL be another boy and I will be shocked. Okay, so speaking of Baby Bump, we have our appointment on the 29th for our sonogram. This is the one where we can find out the gender of the baby, if we want to know and the baby wants US to know. ;) We didn't find out with Landon, but Chad wanted to know. I promised him we could find out this time, but he's not sure he wants to know this time. I've decided to put a poll up. I'm not saying we're gonna do what wins the poll, but it's funny to hear everyone's opinions on finding out. Lots of people say, "good for you for waiting" and lots of people say "come on, just find out already, what's the sense in waiting." What says you?!




(Ooohh, and for those of you wondering about Landon's health, I guess it's been decided it's a viral infection. X-Rays and bloodwork from earlier in the week showed nothing in his kidneys, no past strep or problems with blood count. So we're just waiting for it to run its course. Hopefully it will continue to improve! :) )

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm happy to hear your kitchen is functional again!! Let Megan's stress-free summer begin! Is your fridge LG? I think we have almost those exact same appliances!

ashley said...

hmm i'm torn. i always side with not finding it out when it's baby #1. and i keep telling myself i won't want to find out for baby #2...and if that does hold true - then i think i DEF will want to find out for baby #3. (well that is if the first two are both girls, but if they were one of each, then i guess i could go with not finding out again.) umm so somehow this turned in to about me. not my plan.

how about a compromise - like finding out the sex, but not telling names. i think there's something to be said for the birth announcement to have some element of surprise to it! :) either way good luck! :)

Lindsey said...

I say hold out. That moment when you call to tell people "It's a Girl!" will be so much more fun! Plus, you already have a neutral nursery (and you're not redecorating, right?)

Courtney said...

Wow! That's a cute little baby bump there. AND, 1 comment about the cabinet picture. You know the one where you're laying on it...I saw the picture before I read the description & I just thought that you were so happy to have the counters that you were practically making love to it. Hee Hee! 8-)

Now for my opinion about the whole gender surprise issue. We are all for NOT finding out, but I think it's totally cool either way. You'll either be surprised now or surprised later.

You could do what Ashley (Cox) Elmore did. Have the dr. write it down & seal it in an envelope. Then you can decide later what to do.