Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Funk


Hi. Sorry. I realize I'm 2 days late. I have no particular reason. I intended to blog on Sunday like I usually do, but we ate some kind of Bertoli frozen meal thing for dinner that did not set well with the baby. So I went to bed instead. Then I was gonna do it yesterday, but since it was so nice I spent 3 and a half hours at school working on my newly relocated classroom. They don't run the air in the building during the summer, so it's vital to take advantage of days cooler than 90...especially those with a breeze. Then Larry came over to continue work on the plumbing and by the time I got Landon to bed, I thought, what the heck, I'm already late, what's another day?

The heat and the constant unrest and chaos at our house got the best of me this week. The disaster that is our kitchen is frustrating me. All I want is an operational sink. Could we just get the dang counter top in already? Abby is cutting teeth and was unhappy, and that's putting it mildly. Landon decided to test the boundaries of discipline the first few days last week. It all came to a head after music class on Tuesday when after he shouted "NO!" at the teacher and threw his bean bag across the room, and then proceeded to tell me on the drive home that I would not spank him that, "Daddy would spank me." I of course was forced to pull the car over and prove otherwise. That ended in the second day in a row of me calling Mom and Dad and crying. Mom, realizing I was on the brink of a break down, took Thursday off to come to my rescue. She cleaned, played with the kids, and even primed Landon's room. Let's hear it for Mom! HIP HIP HOORAY!






Thus begins the 2nd chapter of drama for the week. Landon woke up Friday morning refusing to use the potty, which was pretty weird. Long story short, the boy had (has) a problem. When he finally went, it resembled cranberry juice more than regular #1. After a lab test we were told he didn't have an infection that it was probably just a virus (which I was really shocked to hear....never heard of that) and to watch him for pain. If it wasn't a virus, it could be a kidney stone. WHAT?!? I've also never heard of a two year old having a kidney stone. So Saturday he was fine, we went on the big family outing to the Cardinal game in the blazing hot sun and heat. THANK GOODNESS our seats were in the shade. We never would've made it otherwise. To say it was hot, is like saying the ocean is wet. Hot just doesn't do what we survived justice. Last year part of the same group went to the Indianapolis Zoo in the blazing heat. I'm sure you recall the picture from last year's blog of some very flat haired girls with a screaming boy. Lindsey has decided the only way to top our run of warm outings it to just go ahead and book a trip to Egypt next year and go on a hike through the desert. What the hey? Might as well.



We went to Mom and Dad's afterwards to spend the night and attend the Nees Reunion on Sunday. However, on Sunday morning, Landon awoke with something that looked worse than cranberry juice in his diaper and was placed directly into his car seat and driven to prompt care. Another test showed that he did have some bacteria issues and they put him on anti-biotics. As of right now though, our pediatrician isn't convined there's enough bacteria to show an infection. I'm waiting on a phone call to know whether to throw the medicine out, take the kid in, or just wait out the virus to end all viruses.

Thankfully, through this entire mess, Landon has felt like he feels fine. I give you exhibit A (learning a goal celebration) and exhibit B (The Swinging Giggles). I'll try my best to give you a more punctual update this week. :)






2 comments:

Courtney said...

So cute! LOVED the videos & loved the spanking story. He's gonna love reading this blog when he's older. 8-) Seeing the swings reminded me of the days of the wooden seats & setting on each other's shoulders while swinging. I've got some pictures of that.

For the record, I don't care how late your blog is. It's always worth the wait. Love ya!

ashley said...

love the giggles on the swing - too sweet :)