I didn't get to this last night because I actually gave the other baby a turn and went back to the hotel to sleep. I wasn't sure I wanted to do that, but I knew I needed to. Turns out, Landon went to sleep as soon as we walked out the door and slept all night under Daddy and Grandma Chris' watch. I got up early and had my body guard (Dad) escort me over and escort Grandma back to the hotel. He's still sl
eeping. :)Yesterday he did pretty well....minus the whole throwing up stuff....which really wasn't that extensive. He got sick a few times, just from the anesthetic from the surgery. They gave him some medication for nausea and when he woke up he was much better. He even got to be unhooked from his monitor to go for a walk in the caterpillar wagon. We did a lap around the floor and then went down to the 8th floor to check out the roof top garden. It was very cool. He'll find it much cooler in a couple of days when he can get down and see more of it. He was just happy to be out of his bed though. After we spent a few minutes there he said he wanted to go down and see the balls on the first floor. So we did that, and then at his request we went back to the garden. This time Grandpas and Grandmas came along. We had to bribe him with new toys to get him to come back to the room, and at bed time he was fussing that he "just wanted to go for a ride in the caterpillar wagon."


So far the biggest side effect he's been dealing with is itching. They've given him Benadryl the last two nights to get him to rest without scratching. I guess it's a side effect from the medicine, but he's also been sweaty (imagine that, Landon sweaty :) )and the tape and yucky stuff they had on his face during surgery is bugging him. Scratching wouldn't be that big of a deal if we didn't have to worry about him pulling some tube or wire off of him. He'll probably feel a whole lot better after a bath in another day or two. I know I would.
Hematology/Oncology said they hoped to have results from the tumor today or tomorrow, so once we hear from them, we'll have an idea of what we have ahead of us.
We definitely saw glimpses of the old Landon yesterday. He did "what's that on your shirt.....doink!" to Daddy and Grandpa and was reciting lines from Cars. We heard "I just wanna get down," quite a few times last night, and we even got a giggle or two when he pushed Chad so hard that "he fell out of his chair." He is a strong boy you know. :)
Thanks again for all of your prayers and support. Keep 'em coming. We're doing better.

11 comments:
Thanks for the update. I'm so glad to hear that you took care of yourself and the baby and hopefully got some rest last night. We will keep the prayers coming for Landon and the whole family!
Sue Tucker
Megan, Chad & Landon,
We were thrilled to read your good news this morning. It is hard to believe that Landon was able to go for a wagon ride after all he went through yesterday. Truly amazing! We are inspired by your strength and courage and are praying for a rapid and complete recovery.
Blessings,
Dennis, Margie, Ryan and Rachel
I'm so glad to hear things are going well. He'll be running up & down the halls in no time. I'm also glad to hear you got some rest. We can't have Momma getting run down & sick! 8-) Thanks for the updates & the pictures. It makes us feel better to see his cute little face.
Love to you all,
Courtney
Thanks for the update...Megan I am glad to hear you are taking care of yourself! Glad to see he was able to have a change of scenery in his caterpillar wagon ride. I am sure it his hard to keep an active little guy like Landon down. We are continuing to pray for you all!:)
Joe, Nikki, Cameron and Christy Monari
Hi Megan! It's so great you are keeping this thing updated :) You can even ask Chad.. I was texting him alll my questions about how Lando was doing and when you guys were going to come home, but now all my questions are answered and I can quit hasseling him, ha. I'm so sorry something so scary had to happen to your handsom, intelligent, and ambitious little boy but like you even said.. it could be so much worse and it's a real eye-opener! Thank goodness Landon's case is 99.9% curable and I'm so happy to hear he is doing better from the anesthesia side-effects. We are praying for you all!! Can't wait to see the little guy once he's "home sweet home".
Infinite Love,
The Edgecombs
Stay strong buddy your in our prayers.
Brett eandi
I'm glad you got some sleep last night and did not get mugged on the streets of St. Louis in the wee hours of the morning. :) I hope he had a good day today!
Megan
I had no idea that Landon was going into surgery or anything about it. I am ashamed to say i hadn't been keepin up you kutschers like i had. Congratulations on the new baby.
We have spent more time at St. Louis Children's this past year than I would like. Ellie had 3 tumors removed. She had one removed in Nov. and two more in June. I completely understand what you all have been going through. I am glad that it went well. I hope you are getting enough rest! and taking care of you and your little one. Please call me or something if you ever need to talk and we are praying!!!!!!
Love, and blessings,
Brooke
Just wanted you to know the Alvey's are praying for you guys! Landon is ADORABLE! Congrat's on the new baby.
Brian, Heather, Zach, Wes & Alex
Alvey
I happened on to your blog through Facebook. How wonderful of you to keep all of us up on Landon's progress! Please remember how much you and your families are loved. I hope you can feel all of us lifting you up in prayer right now!
Rich and Kathy Garst
Hi Mrs K,
This is Taryn, one of the girls soccer players. Just wanted to let you know that we started a group on Facebook and now there are over 400 people, including me, praying for your family. Some people have even had their own fundraisers for Landon too! We hope he gets better soon, we all miss him!
Always thinking of you,
Taryn
Post a Comment