
I have hardly any pictures this week. Phil, Kristi, and Charli came over on Friday night so Phil could help Chad install the rest of our crown molding on the cabinets. Charli and Landon had a bath together, which was pretty entertaining, and that's all the pictures I took this week. Hard to believe. I'm adding a couple of precious bubble blowing pics from last week. We'll go for quality not quantity on this blog. :)
So we've learned a few things here at the Kutscher house this week.
Landon has mastered the difference between a corn field and a bean field. He has learned that merry-go-rounds at the park can be a dangerous place when playing with older children. (The only thing hurt was "his booty" and his pride.)
And he has taught us that the "snort" at the end of "Are You My Mother?" is not a snort, it's a "back hoed." (That was a word that I didn't know he knew)

I have learned that you can only press your luck with not having a house key on your key ring and a broken garage door for so long before you lock yourself out of your house, lock your niece's breakfast and binky in the house, and have to go on an hour long goose chase getting back in, which involves picking up keys from a husband who was doing driver's ed 20 minutes away, switching vehicles, moving car seats, etc., etc. As a direct result of this, we had three extra house keys made today at Lowe's. Kind of dumb that it took that happening to do that, but oh well. We all survived, and Abby didn't seem to mind she had to eat her breakfast at 10:00.....more of a brunch than a breakfast. I guess oatmeal and Gerber fruit is good no matter when you eat it.
Chad learned more ins and outs of lighting installation, because we finally accepted the fact today that our kitchen light wasn't gonna cut it. It was too dim. We went from a 5
20 watt bulb fixture to
an 8 50 watt bulb fixture. I'm thinking of sunbathing in here tomorrow. So, he had to take the one we had up down and put up a new one. He's also currently working on installing a new ceiling fan in the dining room area. His lesson: it's not necessary to take EVERY screw out of a fan to get it down, just pop the ring out at the top of the base. Who knew. He's still trying to figure out why the light works and the fan doesn't on the new one. Probably another lesson here that we haven't learned yet. :)
an 8 50 watt bulb fixture. I'm thinking of sunbathing in here tomorrow. So, he had to take the one we had up down and put up a new one. He's also currently working on installing a new ceiling fan in the dining room area. His lesson: it's not necessary to take EVERY screw out of a fan to get it down, just pop the ring out at the top of the base. Who knew. He's still trying to figure out why the light works and the fan doesn't on the new one. Probably another lesson here that we haven't learned yet. :)We also have re-learned that Chad and I have totally different tastes in naming children, and that this child probably won't have a name for quite some time still. We've got a long ways to go on the bargaining table....boy or girl. Doesn't matter. We don't agree. We were watching the poll like hawks this week to see how eve
ryone voted on the sonogram issue. It was a close race! 57% to find out, 43% not to. Chad STILL hasn't decided if we're gonna find out, but that's not shocking information really. He's got two weeks, he won't decide for two weeks. I was kind of wanting to find out, because I thought (for some crazy reason) that if it WAS a girl that I'd want to repaint the baby room pink. After my doctor's appointment and hearing the heartrate was low and actually considering the fact that it COULD be another boy, and thinking that even if it was a girl, we could have a boy the third time around, I've decided painting the room pink is not a good use of time and effort. Neither of which I have much of lately. If it's a girl, she'll sleep in an aqua room just as well if it were pink. Aqua can be feminine. I'll see to it that it is. So that was a really long explanation of my feelings kind of swaying on the finding out issue. I honestly don't care if we find out or not. In fact, I'm glad I'm not the one deciding if we are going to.
ryone voted on the sonogram issue. It was a close race! 57% to find out, 43% not to. Chad STILL hasn't decided if we're gonna find out, but that's not shocking information really. He's got two weeks, he won't decide for two weeks. I was kind of wanting to find out, because I thought (for some crazy reason) that if it WAS a girl that I'd want to repaint the baby room pink. After my doctor's appointment and hearing the heartrate was low and actually considering the fact that it COULD be another boy, and thinking that even if it was a girl, we could have a boy the third time around, I've decided painting the room pink is not a good use of time and effort. Neither of which I have much of lately. If it's a girl, she'll sleep in an aqua room just as well if it were pink. Aqua can be feminine. I'll see to it that it is. So that was a really long explanation of my feelings kind of swaying on the finding out issue. I honestly don't care if we find out or not. In fact, I'm glad I'm not the one deciding if we are going to. No kitchen pictures this week....still waiting on the tile to arrive for the backsplash. I've moved my efforts from putting kitchen stuff away to a) finishing my LAST master's course, which will be ending in 2 weeks and b) sewing up some taggy blankies to sell and give as gifts. I'm even considering printing up my own business card to see if I possibly can make money making these things. People keep assuring me that I can, and I would love to. Don't really know how I should go about it, so I'm entertaining a business card to give out with the blankies. I need a business name though. Any ideas creative readers?
Here's the video I promised. If you listen closely, you can hear Landon sing the "Hey Chicago, whatta ya say, the Cubs are gonna lose today. Boo Cubs Boo" song. He picked this up from the radio and his devious uncles, so we were forced to tweek the lyrics. Deal with it. And I don't want any comments about the games this weekend on this blog. We watched. We know. No need to point it out. I personally think that if the Cardinals would shave off their ridiculous porn star mustaches, perhaps kharma would be more on their side. After watching this, I'm thinking maybe I should put more of my efforts into putting away crap that we get out that sits out on our coffee table all the time. GEEZ. Good thing it's a big 'un. We live in clutter. That's life I guess. Not sure why I'm publicizing mine, but oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment