Sunday, July 26, 2009

Relief.....Please!



Landon had a rough day yesterday and not for any of the reasons you'd think. The incision didn't seem to bother him at all....not nearly as much as his issue with not being able to go to the bathroom....since Sunday. Ouch. We tried prune juice, prune juice popsicles, fruit, soaking in the sink, you name it. Finally at 9 we resorted to a suppository and at 10:45 he fell asleep while watching Wall-E with me.....no progress. Thankfully when he got up this morning though relief had found him. Thank goodness. I don't think any of us could've taken another day of his squatting and crying. Nothin's a go when you just can't go. :)

Not much news to report on the regular Sunday blog post since I've given you all the updates already. Oh yeah, I did finish up my master's degree right before we left for the hospital last week. Guess that's kinda a big deal. It was pretty anti-climatic though considering the circumstances. We'll celebrate that later, maybe we'll have a "finished with chemo/graduation/welcome the new baby" shindig. :) That'll be a heck of a party!

Landon has something to tell all of you. :) I'll post again this week after we meet with the oncologist again.


7 comments:

hi said...

It is such a relief to know that Landon is having a great recovery. The group I made on Facebook has had many comments made by many families giving their blessings and praying for your whole family.

Happy to hear all is well, take care of yourself. Can't wait for more good news.

Taryn

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWW!! miss.k

LOGAN MARR

P.S. YOU CAN E-MAIL ME
AT bigfarmer12@gmail.com
hope to talk to you soon!!!

Sheril said...

What a trooper! To think of everything he has gone through in the last few weeks and he is up playing and full of energy! We are so glad his surgery went well.
Our thoughts and prayers will be with all of you as Landon starts chemo treatments in the upcoming weeks!

Congrats on your masters!!! What a relief to have that done!

The Flynn's

Anonymous said...

the video is adorable! We're continuing to pray for you all...

Unknown said...

Megan and Family,
You have been in our thoughts and prayers a lot lately. I haven't talked to you in a long time (too long)! Your little boy is absolutely adorable, and a little trooper from the way it sounds. We're so glad his prognosis looks good. That is wonderful news! Hang in there and we will continue to pray for you!!

Keith, Mandy, Wade, Tia, Aubrey, & Grant Probst

Courtney said...

Thank you so much for the update! I read it the other day but I'm just now getting around to posting. Congratulations on finishing your studies. That's so exciting! Also, congrats on being HALF WAY through your pregnancy today! That was the first thing I noticed when I pulled up your page. That's awesome!

Courtney said...

P.S.--That video brought tears to my eyes! He is such a doll!