Grant lost his first tooth this summer!!
And it of course was in typical Grant fashion: on his terms.
The tooth had gotten pretty wiggly, and Grant was having a hard time with dinner. We had been cutting his corn on the cob off the ear for a few days, but that didn't make him happy either. He seemed to think the corn 'off the cob' made more corn to eat than when you left it on. Sigh. Regardless, when the tooth was wiggly enough to start impacting him eating other foods, even soft ones, because it was flopping around so much in there that it was getting in the way of his bite, he was NOT a happy camper. And of course Chad offered to help him with his problem, but he wasn't having it. I told him all he'd have to do is to twist it a little and it would come right out. He went in the other room, and about ten minutes later came back and said, "I have good news, I think....my tooth's out." It was pretty anti-climatic! I thought he'd be way more excited. So we put it in a baggie, ready for the tooth fairy. But guess what WASN'T ready....his Tooth Fairy pillow, which I had started but hadn't finished. :/ I told him he could wait a night and I would finish it for tomorrow (uh....yeah, right, mom) or he could borrow Landon's for one night. We all know what he chose. :)
Now his reaction to actually getting the tooth out, might have been kind of 'eh,' but he was SUPER pumped about what the Tooth Fairy brought him because I was awaken at 3:45 to him standing over me, two Star Wars guys and a five dollar bill about 3 inches from my face. And a "MOM! Mom! MOM! Look what I got!! Can you see it? It's dark in here, you can't see it. I'm going to turn on the light. How do you turn on this lamp? Nevermind. Mom! Look! I turned on the bathroom light. Can you see it?!?!?!" I jumped so hard I got a cramp in my leg and couldn't move. Chad slept through the whole thing, except he did manage to say "TURN OFF THE LIGHT" but didn't remember it.
That's a good memory right there.
No comments:
Post a Comment