Sunday, June 29, 2014

VEGAS, BABY!

So the weekend after the state tournament we flew to Vegas to celebrate our 10th anniversary.  And after the May we had which concluded with me being reassigned to 2nd grade for the next school year (not by choice) I was REALLY ready to get away.  We finished up with school on Wednesday and flew out on Thursday evening...our actual anniversary. Perfection!

Landon had a little anxiety about us leaving.  There were several questions about the details of the trip, and he started telling his teachers on Monday, 'did you know my mom and dad are leaving me to go to Las Vegas?'  Seriously.  UGH.  Knife through the heart.  Then we got ready to go and we had a full throttle melt down due to the unknown whereabouts of Little Guy, who had been MIA for 2 weeks.  I seriously thought he was in our house, but hadn't had time to scour the house looking for him.  Well, I made time as we were supposed to be leaving for Peoria to catch our flight, because Landon was so distraught.  Once we got to Grandpa and Grandma's he was fine, and as we left I texted Mom to look for him.  LIttle Guy ended up being found at Mom and Dad's behind the daybed, which we updated Landon through Grandma Chris and everyone was very much relieved.  :)

Our flight out of Peoria was super convenient and on time.  We had a super expensive drink to kick off our trip at the airport.  I continued to self medicate during the flight.  I hate flying peeps.  Hate it.  It went really smoothly though.  Huh.  Who would've thought.  Love to the Captain.  So we got into Vegas about 10:00 which you say is 'late!' and 'time for bed!'  But you'd be WRONG because it's VEGAS.  So we were greeted by Michael and Emily and Scott and Kelly in the lobby.  We headed up to our room where a lovely anniversary card, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were delivered....and
Chad was annoyed at the appearance of the camera apparently.  Geesh.  Evil eyes.    

Speaking of eyes....everyone cover theirs.
Yikes.
Oh there we go...got it.
Wardrobe discussion.  Bro Tanks vs. pastel shorts.  Which is the riskiest? 

 We wandered aimlessly for a few hours and called it a night (in the morning)

The next day we had some frozen drinks in the shade...
Photo opps...



 Some borderline inappropriate

 We killed some time at Planet Hollywood waiting to have lunch at Burgr, Gordon Ramsay's restaurant.


 ...which had electronic menus.  Our admin would've loved that. ;)  Cutting edge!

 Later that night Michael and Emily, and us saw Absinthe which was AWESOME.  Before the show we posed for this pic, which turns out is the only pic of all six of us together we took on the trip.  



We met up with Scott and Kelly after the show, but we didn't stay out long.  Our 3:00 lunch didn't stick to my bones well enough to be considered dinner and after a couple drinks during the show, I was ready to call it a night.  Had to be ready for cabana day the next morning!  :)


Before the show...me and my honey.  10 years together already?!

We reserved a cabana with bottle service at our hotel (The Westin) which was awesome.  As you can see, the boys took in some sporting events, the girls did some spa time (thank you for my birthday present, Michael <3 a="" and="" day.="" drinks="" more="" nbsp="" p="" perfect="" read="" relaxed="" soaked="" some="" sun="" t="" talked.="" up="" was="">

Girls at the pool
bleck...I didn't really want to put this
pic on, but felt like I shouldn't leave it
out because that would be shallow
of me and my four chins.  

random extreme close up of Scott taken by someone not me...I don't know.  I may have soaked up too much sun to remember.  
 ...and Michael may have too.  But seriously how sweet is this cabana set up!

So that night we walked down and had dinner at Fogo de Chao which was DEEEEELICIOUS.  The salad bar was nothing to be scoffed at, and I felt like I ate the most meat in one sitting than I have ever had before...and it was ALL. GOOD.  

Scott agrees.  He likes his meat.
HA!
So Michael and Emily trekked off to check out the 'largest ferris wheel the world' after dinner and Kelly and Scott and us took in some Bellagio Fountain action.  We fought to get over all the meat we had put in our stomachs and I guess we made it over, but it didn't last long.  Kelly and Scott had a super early flight to catch the next morning, and I think we had all had enough Vegas.  After breakfast with Michael and Emily the next morning we headed back home.  
Thank you to our sibs (minus Kellse and Scotty who couldn't come) for making this anniversary a memorable one.  We love ALL of YOU!!
...and I should also make two more acknowledgements....Chad, the trooper, who walked quite the distance with and without crutches in the heat, with this....:(
...and Larry and Chris who took care of these four....
and SEVERAL popsicles over the weekend so we hear. 


 I'm not sure who had a better time, us, or the kids.  :)

Landon's quotes upon our return:
"Mom, did you guys see any famous people?"  No.  "Oh...that's too bad."
"Dad, did you have fun?"  Yes.  "Probably inappropriate fun."  
Judgement on the Daddy.  ;)  Ha!!

No comments: