We had a short visit from Uncle Michael and Emily the weekend after Mother's Day. We had to give Emily the Springfield treatment so we hit up Darcy's for horseshoes, which I think we all agree was worth every second of regret that followed. :/ The boys had to stop by the OTB (ahem...) to place a bet on the Derby for GG. (Seriously...but of course that's not the only bet they made). So Emily and I drove down to True Value to pick up some flowers with the little boys. When we came back to pick the big boys up, they were standing outside the OTB in a deep conversation with The Joker. I kid you not. This story just keeps getting funnier right? Sounds like a weird dream. We did a couple of circles through the parking lot, in efforts to prevent the boys from having nightmares because I'll tell ya, that Joker was pretty authentic looking. But Landon spotted him anyway, and made the quote of the day:
"Umm, why is Dad talking to the JOKER? (pause) I've never seen the Joker eat a hot dog."
Seriously. I couldn't make this stuff up. Well, I mean I COULD....but I wouldn't.
Grant is really starting to play pretend, which I LOOOOOVE. Listening to him is just the sweetest most adorable thing. Here are some good shots of him playing with his Monster's University set.
And Landon is quite the little reader these days. He's right on that line where he can read quite a bit, but still wants to be read TO quite a bit, too. He definitely isn't motivated to read to either of us, but will read to Grant with very little bribing. (he he!)
Love these little moments
No comments:
Post a Comment