Monday night (before the party was philabusted) we pulled up a YouTube video of the Star Tours ride at Hollywood Studios. While Landon watched it we explained it wasn't a real roller coaster, it was just a seat that moved with a big movie screen in front of you. He said it looked pretty cool (I think it helped that C3PO was at the beginning of the ride explaining things too). We made a small list of things we wanted to be sure to do that we had missed our first day there and got up Tuesday morning ready to conquer the list.

We went right away to get a fast pass to ride the Toy Story 3D ride again, and then headed over to Star Tours. There was only a five minute wait there (score!) so Grant and I hung out at Tattooine Traders, where the ride exits and where we bought Landon's light saber on our last trip. I wanted to be sure to get a picture of Landon's face as they were coming out. But, yeah, I didn't. There were too many people in the way (what the heck folks? we have to SHARE the park!?!) But I got this posed one instead. Landon said the ride was 'awesome!' and Chad muttered under his breath that he didn't feel so hot himself. Landon did great though. I was pretty impressed with my brave little ride rider. (hehe! I know there's probably a better way to word that but I like it) We were so proud of him that we bought him a sheet of Star Wars trading pins for his lanyard that Tressa gave him before the trip. If you've never been to Disney, they have this cool pin trading thing. You can buy pins, but you can also trade with cast members. Neither of my boys wanted to trade theirs though. Landon wouldn't even trade the pin that said 'Wanna Trade?' on it!!! Geesh. We also bought two Star Wars PEZ guys, too...for a weak moment.

After Star Tours we went back and did the Toy Story ride. I rode with Grant this time. It was so weird. He didn't want to get on the ride. He absolutely loved it the last time. Another tired issue I believe. Here are both the boys in their 3D glasses, ready to ride. Grant gave me the thumbs up, too. He loved it the second time, too. Maybe not as much as the first, but he was sure into shootin all those targets. :)


We did a Back Lot Tour, too, which was pretty cool. The first part of the tour they showed how they do some special effects in movies. Then we got to walk through a warehouse that had all kinds of props used in actual movies. My favorite that I saw was a taxi cab they used in Muppets Take Manhattan. Then we got on this train and they took us to this movie set that was a canyon, where they lit this enormous truck on fire and then dumped an insane amount of water on it. The train shook and everything. We were close enough to the fire that you could feel the heat on the train. As you can imagine Landon, the boy who doesn't care for LIT birthday candles, was hot happy at that point in the tour. :) We made it through without any tears though. It was a little intense. Here's a pic of the Hollywood Studios Water Tower too during the tour. I don't know. The guide was making a big deal about it. I felt like everyone was supposed to take a picture of it...so I did. Eh. It's a water tower...with mouse ears.
We got in line to meet Mike and Sully from Monsters, Inc. Can't wait to see their new one soon!!





After that we headed to the Disney Jr show, which is where we were faced with the most people annoyances of the entire trip. The lady in front of us had a baby that probably wasn't even a year old and it was just the two of them in the line. The baby dirtied her pants while in line, dropped a shoe every 6 feet, and everytime the mom was really put out picking it up and putting right back on only for it to fall right off again. When we finally got in the theater Chad said 'avoid her'...I thought, good plan. So we found a spot away from stinky one shoe baby but sat behind mom with two toddlers one of which was determined to sit in the aisle, which she continued to allow, and then move him, then let him stand in front of our children who were sitting the way they were supposed to. Even after an usher reminded her of the regulations of the aisle, the kid still kept scooting over and she still kept letting him. To say I was distracted would be an under statement. I really wanted to help her parent. Toodles, you got a Mous-ka-tool for bad parenting?! No? Crap. Grant enjoyed the show though. That's why we were there. Too bad I didn't enjoy HIM enjoying the show so much. Dern you no control mom. I let you steal my moment!

Okay, so after that we headed to Pizza Planet to eat some lunch, but after one look at the line, and then a look at our list, we decided to forego the pizza, finish off the list, and get the heck outta the heat. Here's the closest we got to Lightning McQueen and Mater. Hello family of three children whom we don't know!

We still wanted to check out the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. We used to have the movie on the DVR, but it was one of those that Landon was driving me crazy with...and once you've seen it 18 times, it needs deleted. You know those kind of movies. So the boys were excited to see Anty!
And Landon enjoyed the splash park part of the play area, too. It was a cool area. Looked exactly like the movie!
So we finished up about 1:30 and made the long trek to the parking lot...picked up some Giordanos (I told you it was too conveniently located for our own good) and headed back to the house. Grant got a much needed nap in....and so did Chad and I! Landon was the only one who didn't take a little siesta. Go figure. The boys played in the pool and we took baths and got to bed by 9:00 which was exactly what the doctor ordered...we needed rest to get ready for our long day at Magic Kingdom the next day! :)
Here's Landon's journal..."I rode on Star Tours. Boy when Darth Vader forced us boy my neck hurt."
Boy, I think I need to work on phasing out the word, boy, from this boy's writing. ;) I do love that he WILL write and illustrate. How bout that picture of C3PO?!
No comments:
Post a Comment