Monday, June 17, 2013

We Need a Little Bit of Shang Shang!

Here it is in June and I'm trying to remember what I should remember about the spring.  And mainly what I remember was it was WET people.  We had a lot of rain...and a lot of inside recesses...and a lot of nights listening to our sump pump run, which was very mysterious to us at first since we moved into the house, went straight into a winter with hardly any snow, and then when it warmed up we headed into without a doubt the worst drought I've seen in my lifetime.  Then here comes this spring, where it never stopped raining, and we had both of our dads on the phone trying to figure out if the noise our sump pump was making was a normal one and how we could make it quieter.  I mean it was like a jet plane in our bedroom followed by a big ka-thump everytime it'd shut off.  (the jet plane may be a little bit of an exaggeration but the ka-thump was ridiculous)  We've tried a couple of things, but neither of them have seemed to help too awful much.  I think we're just getting used to it really.

One day this spring Grant kept saying something about 'little shang shang' and I could not for the life of me figure out what he was saying.  I finally asked Landon, and he said, 'you know mom....you are my sunshine.' 'OH!!  like the song?' I asked him.  And he said, 'Yeah mom, like Gwandpa Jeff sings to me...you are my shang shang when I'm sad.'  How sweet is that.  I told Mom about it, she said Dad didn't really remember doing that but maybe he did...or maybe Grant made it up.  Either equally possible.  It was cute though.  I'll never hear that song without hear shang shang again though.

Daddy with our snuggly shang shang
Okay and in other randomness....Chad and his '08 girls were inducted into the Rochester Wall of Fame this spring too...in the middle of a ridiculous storm that delayed our conference championship against Chatham.  That's all I have to say about that game because it was heart breaking and I think we'd all prefer not to remember it.  Right coach?  ;)  So here's our man...in the middle of his girls that came for the induction...and you'll be seeing lots more of one of them on the blog, as she's about to be promoted to AUNT Kellse (not until after the wedding though according to Landon, our Mr. Rule Follower)
Adding these pics because they fit nowhere else in my scramble to get it all in before Disney blogs!  Can't leave them out though...my little angelic boy!!  (in these pics anyway...one of the many reasons we love the many sides of Granters)



No comments: