Eeks. They were looking a little rough. After a little milk and breakfast we were on our way.
When they opened the park they only let us part of the way in. There were two Storm Troopers guarding the rest of the park. They decided to let us in though and were hoping they wouldn't get in trouble for it. Landon was already pumped just seeing the Storm Troopers.
As soon as they let us the rest of the way in the park, Chad and Landon made a bee line for the Jedi Training sign up...or where we THOUGHT it would be. Turns out they had relocated it and the boys had to do a little backtracking resulting in them being in a LOOOONG line. Grant and I went to the Toy Story ride and picked up our fast passes and then mosied through a little of the park alone waiting for the boys to return. Here's Grant at the Muppet Fountain. We also saw Chip and Dale dressed as Ewoks but decided not to get in line for them when we saw Chewbacca set up across from them. We went ahead and got in line...knowing it'd be a long wait. We had nothing else to do but wait for the big boys anyway.
Poor Landon had to go potty when they had about a half hour left to go in their line. Chad was able to distract him with videos on his phone long enough to make it through. He said Landon was a trooper. As soon as they were registered they headed to the bathroom and of course Landon (aka Super Bladder) probably made other people wait in line behind him he went so long. :)
When they met up with us, I took the boys to do a little wal king while Chad held our spot in line for Chewy. When we walked by I noticed that Chewbacca had a friend with him now, too...and was really hoping the Ewok would stay with him until we got through the line. We got Landon his R2D2 Ears and some Star Warms mini figures which were a big hit and got us through the rest of the line for Chewy. When we were walking back we saw the kids that were doing the Jedi Training on stage. We stopped and watched for a bit and turns out we got there just in time for Darth Vader to come out and to see the Jedi Master swoop all the kids to the side of the stage to make sure they were 'safe.' One look at that, and Landon grabbed a hold of my leg and said, 'that's Jedi training?! I don't wanna do that!!' Ugh. I should've seen that coming. We stood there a little longer and I explained it was just an act, and using a Light Saber against Darth Vader would be just like doing it with Daddy at home but it would be a guy dressed like Darth. I played every angle I could. How cool it would be to have pictures 'versing Darth Vader' as Landon would say and how fun it would be....and then I hit the gold mine with 'and you know what's right beside the Jedi Training stage?! The store where you make your own light saber! I mean, if you do the training, and you're a genuine Padawan, you'll for sure need a new light saber.' We then started walking away and I let him mull it over...hoping that he'd muster up some courage to do it....because I knew he'd love it if he'd just get up there.
So we returned to the Chewy line, and we were getting really close to the front of the line. We got our Star Wars book out and marked the pages for Chewbacca and the Ewok to sign...we had the Sharpie ready....and then they went on a break. Bum-mer. These poor people in these costumes. I mean seriously, sweat was running down my back and I wasn't wearing anything even close to warm as a CHEWBACCA COSTUME. They deserved breaks for sure. So we waited some more....what's another 5 minutes right?
When Chewbacca and the Ewok returned they walked up behind us...I was so glad I had my camera ready because they just grabbed the boys by their hands and walked them up to the photo area. It was so cute!!
When Chewy returned our pen he had snapped part of his fur in the cap! I didn't want to take it out...I know that's kinda weird....I finally gave in when we met up for our next character photo opp. I didn't want anyone to wonder what was up with the wad of hair hanging out of the pen.
I'm gonna spare you all my parade pictures because I got T.O.N.S. They're Landon's favorite pictures from the whole trip of course. I think I'm going to have to make a book just of them so he can enjoy them to the full extent. I'll just give you a couple of highlights here...because honestly I don't know who all of these characters are and I've overheard and seen Star Wars way more than you odds are. :)
Chad took Landon to where he was supposed to sign in and Grant and I stood for another two classes of Jedis, working our way to the front of the crowd as people left, so I could get good pics. Have I mentioned how brutal the Florida sun is...at 1:00 in the afternoon...while holding a squirmy, tired 3 year old, and wrestling a camera? I was so relieved when Phil and Kristi walked up! They didn't want to miss the big show. :)
The kids started filing up and they made two lines. I knew (after watching the previous times) the kids in the front row would stay on the ground and the kids in the back would go up to the stage. I was really hoping for Landon to be on the stage, (so I could get good pictures of course, but also because the villain on the ground level changed...sometimes it was Darth Maul and the time before it was Ventress. I thought Landon might be disappointed if he didn't get to 'verse Darth Vader.') As luck would have it, he was in the back row....and when they moved to the stage, because of his height he was right in front on the stage. Yippee!!
Landon's Jedi Master looked a lot like his hero...Obi-Wan.
| getting his Light Saber for practice |
| looking 'Lando Calrissian cool' as the Jedi Master called it |
At the end of his talk, Landon saluted him...so cute!
Creepy Darth Maul came down on the ground right beside us...Charli wasn't sure about him and covered her face, Blake and Grant were trying to get around my legs to get better views. Ah birth order...these second kids are a different breed than the oldest children. All the kids got to take their turn facing the Dark Side...
Then the whole class had to use the Force to get them to leave.
...only the Storm Troopers were left...they missed their exit (ha ha) and the Jedi Master had to help them out
The graduating Padawan class!
| Landon with his diploma |
Proud family picture!!
and then of course we had to go build our own Light Saber...| We found a Darth Goofy that Grant had to have! |
First time in his hands...he was THRILLED.
After the Jedi Training we had pretty much fizzled out. We met Asoka and Captain Rex
and went to the 3D Muppet show. We also went to check out 'Darth's Mall' a Star Wars shopping area where they had a life size Lego Darth Vader and where Luke and R2D2 were. We were spent though so we didn't get in the two hour line to meet them.
We called it a day and headed back to the house for a little pool time, where Landon continued his bravery in the pool.
| he named his cannonball jump 'the big fatty daddy' LOL! |
he turned around, made this face, and said 'eh, I don't think so'
He then did a FLIP into the pool though....
belly bump with the puddle jumpers!
"I did Jedi Training and I got Darth Vader."
I love his picture. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment